Aziraphale Makes Some Progress and Crowley Makes an Ass Out of U and Me

“So you and Anthony spent the whole day together, and you still couldn’t come up with an entry for the competition?” Esther asks as she steps down from hanging a Halloween decoration.

“Unfortunately, no.” Aziraphale confesses as he helps unfold a tablecloth. “Though perhaps that’s largely because it was me making all the suggestions.”

Esther picks up a bouquet of flowers, and shrugs. “That’s an odd one. And he didn’t come up with any himself?”

Aziraphale says quickly, “Oh no. He did. But most of them were things he already does in the shop. ”, and Ether nods in understanding.

“I tried to tell him some of my own ideas. Stuff you wouldn’t expect. Something that makes someone want to give it a second look.” Aziraphale shakes his head. “But he said no to all of them.”

“Well, if you put it like that...” Esther says thoughtfully, and when the angel looks at her, she goes on, “If you can find a way to show him how your ideas can work, maybe he’d be more open to trying them.”

Aziraphale opens his mouth, but once he mulls it over, his eyes light up with inspiration.

“My dear, would you mind too terribly if I used a small area of your hotel kitchen?”

Esther smiles back, “Don’t mind at all.”

The angel works for over an hour, but finally, he has his entire setup finished., and goes to fetch Crowley.

The cupcakes are arranged on a table, with sprigs of flowers and a candied orange peel next to the cupcakes themselves, on their own pretty ceramic dishes that resemble doilies.

Ether can’t help smiling as she tosses a few more autumn leaves on the table, for decoration, and when she turns, both Aziraphale and Anthony walk through the doorway.

Crowley spots the cupcakes immediately, “What’s this now?”

Esther explains in a rush, “Ezra here thought you’d like to taste some of his cupcakes.”

Seeing the slight look of panic on the demon’s face. Aziraphale tries to cover, “But you didn’t have to go to all this trouble.”

Esther scoffs, “Yes I did! You’re making an All Hallow’s Eve themed chocolate for the royal newlyweds. It wouldn’t do to not try and set the mood.”

Aziraphale sighs, clearly not expecting that, but just yields, “Alright.”, and goes to pick up two of the dishes holding the cupcakes, about to hand one to Crowley when Esther stops him,

“No no! Please, sit.”, and Crowley nods, taking the offered dish and gestures for the angel to sit first.

Once they’re seated next to each other, Crowley goes to pick up the cupcake from the dish he’s holding, but before he can, Esther cries out,