Does Aziraphale Have Some Sort of Demon Attracting Pheromone?

Next morning, Aziraphale is once again sitting in the lounge area of the hotel, reading Wilhelmina’s letters when Esther walks up to her.

“Postcards?” she asks.

“No, not at all.” Aziraphale replies, as he flips through them. “These were...written by one of my ancestors. He had a lifelong friendship with Queen Wilhelmina all the way up to her death.”

Esther gasps, “Wow. And I’m lucky if I can even make time for friends while I’m running this hotel.”

That surprises the angel, “Not even…?”

“No no.” Esther replies. “He keeps both this hotel and the palace stocked with his champagne. His family’s been running the Bubbles and Wine bar since 2005.”

“Oh!” That is definitely some interesting news. “Well, I thought he was excited to see you the other night.”

Esther tries to blow it off again, but there’s a blush on her face, “He’s just a very friendly man.”, then she waves. “Enjoy!”, and walks away.

Later, Aziraphale sees a bunch of people standing in line in front of a chocolate shop that he would’ve sworn wasn’t there before, and tentatively moves to join the line.

“So apparently you found what you’re looking for after all.” cones a voice from behind him, making him jump before he turns to look.

It’s the pale faced demon from yesterday, only he doesn’t look as annoyed or indifferent as he did last night.

Aziraphale laughs nervously, “I suppose I did. Hello.”, then holds out his hand to shake.

The demon takes it, but Aziraphale can’t help but be repulsed by the sweaty feel of his hands as they shake, then the demon introduces himself, “Hastur.”

Aziraphale offers back, “Aziraphale.”

“So...” Hastur, as he called himself, says, nodding towards the shop.

“So...” Aziraphale echoes. “Looks like I’ll get there before the day ends. So, that’s something.”

The demon tilts his head, “Been waiting long?”

Aziraphale shrugs, “Only about 15 minutes. But if it’s this popular, it’s got to be worth the wait, does it not? And really, what is that to a being who has all the time in the world anyway?”

But the demon apparently has another idea, as he gestures, “Come with me.”, and starts walking towards the front.

Aziraphale is aghast, “What, no! I’m not cutting in line! I don’t care if human rules don’t apply, I still have standards for human decency.”

Hastur appears amused by this for some reason, but just gestures again, “Just come with me. I promise it’ll be good.”, and walks further ahead.

And of course, Aziraphale can’t just let him go by himself, “Wait, what are you doing???”, and as he walks past the others in line, he holds up his hand and keeps repeating, “Sorry, sorry.”, and after one last, “I’m sorry.”, the demon holds the door open for him, so unlike what Aziraphale knows of demons, he finds himself walking through without thinking, then walking alongside the pale faced demon.

Upon seeing the crowd inside, Aziraphale notes, “Oh dear, just look at this. No one will even notice we’re here!”

“Oh I wouldn't say that.” Hastur says, moving ahead, then turning to look at the angel. “Considering you already know the owner, I think you’ll be alright.”