A smart competitor

( ill tag who requested in the comments i just learned how to tag ppl on here bro LMAO)

reader pronouns: she/her

The train took off after you stepped out,your bag hanging off your shoulder while you made your way to the bench and took a seat. It wasn't long until you were approached by a well dressed man,a suitcase in his hand," Ma'am?" You tried your best to ignore him,knowing he was a salesman and you were almost penniless. He cleared his throat and raised his hand to tap your shoulder,"Ma'am?" he repeated as he pressed his finger onto your shoulder.

You let out a defeated sigh and looked at him,your eyebrows raising,"Can i help you?" Your tone might've sounded harsh but anyone would understand after the week you've had. He let a charming smile spread across his face in victory," I have a proposition for you." His voice was smooth and it was obvious he was probably a good salesman.

Crossing your arms over your chest, you shook your head stubbornly," I have zero cash. Zero. so you're wasting your time if you're trying to sell something." He let out a chuckle and opened the briefcase in his lap, your eyes widening when you saw the money in it. Your mouth opened and shut before you looked up at him,"what's the catch?" You asked curiously,your eyebrow raising once again.

He smirked mischievously and pulled out two cards one blue and one red,soon your face matched his smirk," I will give you ₩100,000 every time you are able to flip my card,if i flip yours you do the same." His hands slightly swayed the cards as he talked. You nodded quickly, standing up and turning to face him fully," What color do you choose?" You thought for a second,bititng your lip and pointing to the blue card.

The salesman nodded and stood up,walking to the middle of the floor and placing his card on the floor,his arm reaching out to you to hand you your card,"you can go first." You gingerly took the card from his hand and stepped back. You raised your arm before letting the card hit his,not succeeding in the process. His smirk never left his face as he raised his card and easily flipped yours,his hand extending asking for the money," Like i said before we started playing,i am broke!" You huffed,he only shrugged and came face to face with you," Don't worry, you can pay with your body."

"What you fr-" your yelling was cut short by a loud slap,knocking you back a couple steps as you let out a loud gasp,holding your cheek. He stared down at you smugly and walked back to his former spot," You asshole! I'm gonna kick your ass!" You yelled angrily as you stomped up to him,a finger jabbing his chest.

He let out a loud laugh before softly grabbing the hand at his chest,your eyes trailed down and felt your cheeks heat up," If you can't pay in money, then everytime i win i get to slap you,taking off ₩100,000 every slap." You let out an angry sigh and walked back to your spot,picking up your card. You mumbled under your breath before staring at his card on the floor,raising your arm once again and smacking your card onto his,this time you actually flipped it.

You didn't seem to surprised but the salesman's expression quickly turned to one of shock,it was rare people flipped the card on the first or second time. You looked up at him with a sassy look and held your hand out, he slipped the money into your hand and smiled,"well done,miss. Would you like to play again?" You nodded and grabbed your card again.

Well after 6 games had past and you won almost all of them,and the more you did the more frustrated the salesman got," Are you tricking me or something?" His voice was low,but he never lost his professionalism. You looked up at him with pure innocence," hm? What do you mean, man?" He could tell you weren't playing him after you tilted your head slightly and furrowed your brows.

He shook his head and pulled a card from his pocket, the smirk returning to his face as he walked closer to you and coming eye level,slipping the card into your pocket," We don't have many spots left,but there is a game where you can earn more money than this." You let out a small giggle and pressed a hand to his chest to push him from your face," Im good,i think this money will last me for a little until i get a job,but thank you again sir."

He raised his eyebrows and smiled before nodding," it's your choice. I hope you have a good day,ma'am." His eyes traveled down to the hand on his chest before looking back up at you,stepping back and turning away. You watched as he walked away,your cheeks still slightly warm and not just from the few slaps you received.

You pulled out the card in your pocket, but somehow it wasn't a card anymore it was a piece of paper that had a number on it and at the bottom was ' call me.' you titled your head and thought about how he could have wrote this down and put it in your pocket without you noticing,but you were definitely gonna do what the paper said.