VII. And The Snakes Start To Sing

SEVEN

SEVEN. And The Snakes Start To Sing

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

RUNNING FROM MONSTERS. Something that was definitely not on Stiles Stilinski's bucket list. He sprints for the entrance of the school, the Alpha close behind him. Scott shuts the door, and Stiles puts the bull cutters in the doorway, jamming it. The two teenage boys look out the window, observing the empty parking lot.

"Where is it? Where did it go?" Stiles asks, looking around. Scott pants, not sure.

The two boys back up, "That won't hold, will it?"

"Probably not." Stiles replies. The sound of a howl inside the building echoes in the halls. They share worried looks, sprinting down a hall to a near by class.

When they run in, the human boy looks around. "The desk." Stiles says. Scott nods, the two beginning to push it. The sound of the desk screeching causes Stiles to hiss. "Stop, wait." The two stop, and Scott looks over. "The door's not gonna keep it out."

"I know." Scott breathes.

Stiles shakes his head. "It's your boss." Scott looks up, confused. "Deaton, the alpha? Your boss."

"No."

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf."

Scott shakes his head. "That can't be." He attempts to argue.

Stiles scoffs. "Oh come on. He disappears, and that thing shows up ten seconds later to toss Derek 20 feet through the air?" He shrugs sarcastically. "That's not convenient timing?"

"It's not him. "

"He just killed Derek."

"No, Derek's not dead." Scott argues, shaking his head. "He can't be dead."

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury." Stiles snaps. "He's dead, and we're next."

"Okay, just," Scott looks down. "What do we do?"

Stiles looks around in thought. It was hard to think under pressure. "We get to my jeep, we get out of here, you seriously think about quitting your job, good?" Stiles and Scott move to the windows.

"No, they don't open. The school's climate controlled." Explains Stiles.

"Then we break it." Scott replies.

Stiles shrugs. "Which will make a lot of noise." He points out

Scott pants, looking around the window. "Then, uh, then we run really fast." Scott lets out a sigh as he realizes just how far away the car is. "Really fast." Stiles rolls his eyes. Scott looks out the window. "Who's car is that?"