Out Of The Cage Finally

Unknown to Nate was that fact that today the human-raptor hybrids were being let out for exercise. An exited Jack told him all about it on the way to the hotel the other day. That night Nate was thinking about what happened with him and Echo and as a matter of fact he was thinking about it on the way to the paddock. He was thinking about how she actually went back to tell him how she actually remembered everything about him which actually made him feel better which surprised him. There's something about her reassuring him that made him feel happy, but then he thought why he felt bad at first when she asked for his name again. After thinking about it for a while he realized why he cared about something like that and why his face heated up when looking at Echo the other day. As Jack was driving to the paddock he noticed Nate who was in the passenger seat looking bothered.

Jack: something bothering you?

Nate: um y-yeah k-kinda... you know that human raptor hybrid Echo... right?

Jack: mhmm

Nate: w-well she's kinda scary... I-I mean like she scares me sometimes and I'm a little nervous about when she gets let out, but then again recently she's been a little nicer to me....

Jack noticed there was something he was hiding.

Jack: well if she's been nicer to you recently then there's nothing to worry about... anything else or was that all that's bothering you

Nate: well that and t-to be honest despite the fact that the majority of our interactions being her scaring me she sometimes has small talk with me and...

Jack: and?

Nate: and s-she's she's... k-kinda.... NEVER MIND!!!?

Nate quickly turned his head away as his face turned red or at least from what Jack could see. He forgot about it and continued on driving. Nate then sighed to himself as reality kicked in.

Nate's mind: why do I feel like this, she's a human-raptor hybrid and I'm just a human, and why would she like a small weak human like me!

When they got there Nate watched as Jack excitedly ran over to Owen. Nate walked over to do his job. Nate instantly noticed there was more guards around the paddock than usual. After a few minutes Nate heard the gate open and saw the raptor human hybrids walked out. Charlie ran out like an excited child, Delta ran after her to try and calm her down, Echo walked out while looking at the guards and finally Nate noticed Blue, she walked out with a normal expression on her face and when she noticed his brother Jack and Owen she started to smile. After looking, Nate continued to walk while looking down at the base of the paddock to check if any pipes were lose but his walking was cut short when he bumped into someone so he looked up.

Nate: oh uh... s-sorry-

Nate then noticed who he bumped into. It was Echo. Before he could think or even say anything else Echo quickly pinned him to the ground. Nate instantly went into panic mode as he heard Owen shout.

Owen: ECHO! GET OFF HIM!!!!

Nate began to get scared as he felt her hands hold him down, however it felt as if she wasn't using all her strength but Nate didn't think much about that.

Echo: WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING!!!

Nate felt his eyes tearing up as he thought he was about to die. He then noticed Echo noticing he was about to cry, her face instantly went to an expression that looked like concern and regret. She instantly got off him unknowing that almost every guard had their guns pointed at her. She turned around to face them all before looking over her shoulder at Nate.

Echo: just... n-next time be more careful... ok?

Everybody then looked at each other in surprise and confusion because they all heard a bit of caring in her voice, something that not even Blue has heard since their childhood but what caught them off guard even more was how they heard a hint of a motherly tone in her voice. Even if Nate was about to cry there was something about the sincereness in her voice that made Nate calm down a little. Echo then noticed everybody staring.