Confection And A Heart Racing Night

That night Nate found it hard to sleep. Ever since he got news about that hybrid escaping and attacking He was worried for his brother who he last saw going into the jungle to look for Blue. Nate managed to get 6 hours of sleep that night so at least he didn't feel like garbage the next day. During the day half way through his shift he got good news. He got a text from his brother that read "hey lil bro I just wanted to let you know I'm alright, don't tell anyone but I managed to find Blue, she'll return to the paddock later on tonight". Nate was good at keeping secrets and since it was his brother he didn't tell anyone like he was told. Nate still felt worried however, he wondered who it was he was worried for until he finally realized it, he was worried for Echo.

-3 hours later-

Nate's shift was done now, he got in the jeep and began driving off. As he was driving to the hotel a blur shot past his car. Nate slammed the breaks on the jeep and got out. He saw that the blur went into the jungle. He was a little afraid but decided to investigate. As he walked into the jungle he was beginning to realize how dark it was, that's when he heard a voice behind him.

Echo: what's someone like you doing in a place like this?

As she spoke Nate felt her breath on the back of his neck which made Nate feel tingles and the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. Nate turned around and jumped as he let out a scream.

Echo: hey! hey! hey! Quit it with the screaming please

Nate: s-sorry.... about that but-.... Echo! Your alright!

Echo: uhh yeah of course I am

Nate: when I heard about that hybrid escaping I got worried for you!

Echo: wait... you did?

Nate: mhm!

Echo: ...ok then

Nate: oh and again sorry about screaming... but you honestly shouldn't be sneaking up on people like that

Echo laughed a little before beginning to walk.

Nate: you were the one who ran past my jeep right?

Echo: yup

Nate then began to follow her. He noticed what looked like an empty post card and pencil in her hand.

Nate: are you writing something?

Echo: why do you want to know dweeb?

Nate: uh n-no reason

Echo: hmmm well I snatched these things from one of those things that you humans call a shop, I want to practice writing something

Nate: like what?

Echo then turned around.

Echo: why are you asking so many questions?....... *sigh* you know what, what ever

Echo then noticed a tree right beside them. She sat down leaning her back up against it, Nate sat beside her.

Echo: you seem pretty afraid, why don't you go back to your jeep and go home or something