cole caufield - montreal canadiens

A couple months ago I had a really bad accident, I were driving on the highway and the car infront of me lost control and ended up causing a pile-up. My car flipped a couple times and stopped upside down. I was in the hospital for months and I'm getting released today , I thought I would get to go home but the doctors would like me to stay with someone to help me get back on my feet, so my boyfriend, Cole, told the doctors that I can stay with him. I still needed some help walking time to time because I broke both of me legs and juste got out of the cast.

When we got to his place he insisted I sat down for a bit while he made dinner, but I didn't feel like sitting down and having someone to take care of me, I'm an independent women/men, so I got up and tried to join him in the kitchen but ended up falling after a couple steps. I knew that he heard me fall so, he came to the living room and saw me sitting on the floor.

-babe you shouldn't walk to much, try and relax, I'm taking care of you.

-but I don't need someone to take care of me, I'm fine

-no you're not, please let me take care of you, i know you don't like it when someone takes care of you because you think that make you weak but you aren't, you survived that really bad crash, I know you can take care of yourself but not in the condition your in.

- fine...

It's was hard the first day to just stay in bed and do nothing, but I got to catch up with some family and friends, and I started some new hobbies, like painting. Cole was right, sometime I do need to take a break and relax. It was really nice to have Cole help me through everything. When he left to go practice, I felt really lonely, I got use to him being with me every minute of every day so when he would come back from practice, joy would come back to my face. When I could walk without falling I would help Cole around the house and make dinner for him when he came back from a hockey game. But I knew that when I would be back to health, I would return back to my place and I would only see Cole on the weekends because I'm still going to college.

After a month, it was my time to pack my stuff and go back home.

- do you have everything? He asked

- I think I do, if ever I'm missing something I can always pass by your house

- this house can also be yours

- what do you mean

- I know that we've been dating for 9 months, but I liked your company and I've been meaning to ask you this for a little while now, would you like to live with me?

- yes I would love to

I dropped my bags on the floor and gave him the biggest hug ever

- I was wondering when you would ask me

With that,instead of going home with the thought of leaving Cole, I left with the thought that i was going to start a new chapter of my life with Cole.