Hiroshima and Nagasaki (Chapter 3)

Sorry this is so late! (Read the author's note at the end of this chapter for more information)

————————————

The sky was a dusty grey color, a thick sent of iron hung in the air. If America's eyes weren't cast downward, he'd acknowledge the bodies, American and Japanese alike, limp on the ground. He would've noticed the pools of blood and the guts and organs and pieces of human corpses scattered over the battlefield. It was truly a devastating sight. 

"Stupid, fucking..." America growled, attempting to multitask by walking while trying to force the jamming slide back so he could load his pistol. The superpower put his full focus into it and stopped trudging along. He snapped the slide back and forth a few times, rather aggressively, before he heard that satisfying click and locked the slide. He released the empty magazine and threw it on the blood stained ground- he wasn't very considerate when it came to littering- before grabbing a loaded magazine and slipping it into the well of his pistol. America unlocked the slide and pushed it up over the muzzle of the pistol. He slipped the now loaded gun into its holster on his belt. 

Now  that he didn't have a second thing to focus on, America continued to walk, still ignoring the limp, bloody corpses all around him. Despite what some might say, America did indeed have a heart and was one to get upset seeing a body. He saw bodies a lot so one would think he'd be used to it by now, likely to the point where it barely affected him anymore, if at all, but that certainly wasn't the case.

America quickly cleared the thoughts, a short tremor going through his body as he did so. He couldn't risk his safety by distracting himself with such thoughts. He had to be laser focused. This was Japanese territory. He was very unfamiliar with it while Imperial Japan knew the land's features like it was the back of her hand. She likely had the best spots to sneak up on an intruder encased in fine detail in her mind. 

That's when a flash of pain wracked through America's whole body. 

An expensive silver katana was through his side. America choked on blood as it bubbled up in his mouth, barely able to breathe as the metallic tasting liquid filled up his mouth and his throat, working to cut off his airway. The loss of oxygen and blood went straight to his head, hitting him like a bus, making his eyes go blurry.

America looked down dizzily at the katana cutting through him, blood dripping down his chin and onto his camouflage-patterned military uniform, soaking into and staining the fabric. Through the pain, a quiet laugh emerged from the American's chest at the irony of the situation compared to his thought process only moments before. He only stopped laughing when he was forced to cough by his own blood, the thick red liquid spewing out of his mouth and onto the dirt below him.

"Why are you here, worm?" A feminine voice demanded from behind America, accompanied by a very realistic growl. 

America was still staring down at the bloody point of the katana he could see through him. His body was already beginning to shake from the pain and his instincts were telling him to get the katana out of him. He refrained from doing so, however, knowing that he'd only bleed out faster if he did.

"Hey! I asked you a question!" The Japanese Empire shouted, a growl ringing through her tone, causing her to sound even more agitated than she had the first time she'd spoken. Something America didn't think was possible.

After the American continued to stay silent for a good two or three more minutes, the Japanese Empire, very impatient and angry, pulled her katana out of America's side with a low growl. A short screech of pain worked its way up America's throat and out his mouth, along with thick red blood, as he quickly collapsed onto his hands and knees. Blood pooled under him at an alarming rate from his mouth and the hole through his side as his vision swam, the world moving in a dizzying spiral.