Chapter 2

"Everything is on check. Nothing suspicious found". Sub-ordinates informed their leader.

"Roger that".

_____________________

"Your majesty, the patrolling team found nothing suspicious. It's all clear". The patrolling leader informed.

"That's good for now then but we can't risk it increase the guards. Remember the danger has showcase it's call already". King Xiao ordered.

"Yes your majesty". The patrolling leader bowed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

'ugh because of this stupid King. I have to be further be grounded with these guards. Already four was enough and then again these additional three'. Xiao Zhan groaned internally.

'This is for your safety'. Ever since Wang Yibo warned them for their consequences, King Xiao was obsessed with the thought of King Yibo harming him and more precisely abducting his son.

"Your majesty, can I atleast not take all of these guards with me. They are going to scare the kids away".

King xiao gave him a cold ice look purely stipulated a clear BIG NO.

"Okay how about I take only 3 guards with me. It's not like I cannot protect myself. I m already 25, not some seven year old kid". Xiao Zhan suggested.

"4" retorted the king.

'ugh this is really getting into my nerve'.

"Fine" Xiao Zhan internally groaned with great effort the words that slipped his mind wasn't said aloud. Thank goodness.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

'Its Prince xiao everyone' one of the children yelled and soon enough every child present in the garden surrounded him.

Xiao Zhan flashed his bright smile. This is what he loved the most to do, visit the children in the garden - if possible join into their games and goofy tricks play. After his mother's death, late queen Xiao Daiyu, he was just like a lost soul, hardly acknowledging his own existence let alone others.

King xiao became worried after that his son was just like a lost  soul ever since they both had suffered a great lost - Late queen Xiao Daiyu. He tried his every level best to entertain his son, from various magnificent gifts to best known ladies for 'entertainment'. But nothing worked.

But one fine day he stumbled upon Xiao Zhan lightly humming to a song with a smile flashed on his face. Not anymore a sad smile neither a fake one but rather a happy smile.

Obviously King Xiao couldn't directly ask his son for the reason behind, fearing that he might be back to his phase and never see his son smile.

So instead he put out a spy on his son only later it was known that his son was having a great time spending with the children in the garden, playing with them and laughing loudly at their goofy tricks made his mood- the brightest one.

So He let his son be that way if it means for his happiness. Despite being a Prince, not that King xiao didn't want his son to interact with it's own people but he feared for his safety, as he is not a normal person where freedom was at the air. Prince xiao was someone important who represented a strong blue bloodline in the whole society as well as he was the only heir to continue Xiao bloodline, one of the strongest bloodline.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"You must be very tired, your majesty. Take some rest".

"Aiyo Zhan Zhan we are not in the administrative duty right now. Just call me Dad". King xiao said with light laughter.

"Umm. Wait Dad let me help you with that". Xiao Zhan helped removing the heavy coat and gently placed  it with the night wear.

"Let me massage your shoulders after all these work must have make you worn out" Xiao Zhan massaged the shoulder with scented- effective oil.

"Aiya I m not that old Zhan Zhan ". King xiao defended himself.

"I can still make 15 men slaughtered to death with just one strike of my sword" King xiao continued.

"Yeah yeah and that you are unstoppable and that's how you even won over mom, isn't it dad?" Xiao Zhan giggled. Both of men joined into laughs reminiscing their moments especially with Late queen.

"Zhan.."King xiao placed his hand on his son. "... Just know that everything is done for your best and no matter what, I will always love you..." King xiao warmly smiled. Xiao Zhan was at the verge of tears "Dad..." He suddenly hugged his father "... You are the best Dad I will ever have. And I too love you even if this means to sacrifice myself". He gently whispered and flashed his warm smile.

These moments were hardly made but when the duo were left together alone they did always have a heartly talks.

_____________________________

Hey there it's me your beannie.

None of the chapters is proofread.

Till then bye~