Chapter 13 : Devil has two face, one of a human, other of its own.

The room echoed with the agonizing symphony of pain, but it was all in vain, for the devil remained unmoved. He scoffed at the futile cries and said, "Pleading for mercy won't save you now."

Beside him, the other bruised captive lay battered and broken, devoid of the strength to resist any longer.

As the devil raised his hand to signal a pause, he cast a chilling gaze toward Xiao Zhan, his voice devoid of emotion, "Enjoy the show, darling This is just the beginning."

Xiao Zhan's gut churned at the sight of that dead, soulless gaze, a stark contrast to the man he knew was capable of anything. Something was terribly wrong, and he felt it deep within his bones.

The devil settled back into his seat, a cruel smirk playing on his lips. It was then that Xiao Zhan noticed the guards dragging out his few remaining loyal men, slaughtering them with a ruthless efficiency.

The cries of helplessness from the crowd fell on deaf ears, as the male, bound and gagged, could only scream through the cloth stuffed into his mouth, tears streaming down his face like an endless sea of despair.

This was never what he wanted. The gruesome, heartless scenes that unfolded before him sickened him to his core.

The brutality continued for what seemed like an eternity, with the guards showing no mercy to anyone in their path, regardless of age or circumstance.

Beating up any child or pregnant women or any older people who were within the crowd, none of the guards diaplayed mercy.

Slaughtering men was another wrenching sight to witness by him and other victims.

The devil raised his hand again, and the guards froze, leaving behind a room tainted with the nauseating stench of blood.

In the center of it all, his men lay injured, terrified, and unable to move, while others in the crowd suffered in silence, their muffled cries lost amidst the chaos.

With a cold command, the devil ordered, "Take these peasants away and ensure they suffer for their defiance. And clean up this mess."

He approached Xiao Zhan, untying him from the pole and hoisting him over his shoulder like a lifeless sack, a brutal reminder of the power he held over all of them.

He was pushed to the bed before the devil tore his clothes apart. His hands were still tied and the stuff dirty cloth still in his mouth.

He was molested numerous times that day leaving him to do nothing but cry. The additional pain from the molestation was not helping him at all.

Every pore of his body brutally hurt. No physician was reserved for him to treat his bruises.

After the molestation, the devil made a nasty comment, "Whatever happened today was because of you. You are the only sole person to be blame. Wanted to leave me here? That's not a fucking cool stunt that you pulled upon on me". The grip on his scalp grew harder and harder.

"Fucking pathetic ", he slapped at him before leaving the bruised male in the dim room.

That's how Zhan landed up having to rest more for two weeks - Yibo's demand since he didn't want to delay the wedding anymore- He couldn't open up his eyes for two weeks let alone sit properly.

After a bit of recovery, he was AGAIN made to go through the rituals from where it had been left off.

Smiling faces, giggling maids, "Sweet aroma"-as mentioned by the others- was more than enough to irk him.