08 ||

—EIGHT

EIGHT

"Huh? What's this..." Venti started, as you all met up after defeating the abyss mage.

"After the Abyss Mage was defeated, a certain energy dispersed from its body... It seems that energy was being used to cut off the connection between me and Dvalin. Aether, [Name], do you know of Stormterror's Lair?" Venti asked us, as we both shaked our heads.

"But Jean and Master Diluc are no doubt aware of it. After Dvalin woke up, he took the ancient ruins to his lair. As it was with the storms that previously cut Mondstadt off from the outside world, the entrance to the ruins is also sealed by a special barrier. But now, as the energy dispersed from the Abyss Mage, I was able to read the rhythmic flow of how the barriers magic was woven. This should be enough to let us break through the storm barrier and reach Stormterror's Lair." Venti finished.

"Which means we're going to confront Dvalin? I'm fine with that.. Jean is the one who wishes to avoid any direct confrontation." Diluc said.

"No. When there are no other options left, it is my responsibility to alter our course of action. If slaying him is our only choice, I will gladly become the knight that leads the charge." Jean replied.

"Fortunately, we have yet to need to go that far. By that, I mean, the Holy Lyre is not our trump card. Our real trump card? Aether and [Name], of course!"

"Aether and [Name]?" Paimon asked.

"Is it because we purified the teardrop?" Aether asked.

"Correct! But you both have a much more precious forte..." Venti finished, as we all head off to Stormterror's Lair, to finally fight Dvalin.

" Venti finished, as we all head off to Stormterror's Lair, to finally fight Dvalin