11 ||

—CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

"And who might we be? Those that dare enter Jueyun Karst?"

A large stag looked down upon you and Aether, as Aether gulped nervously, holding out the sigil given to you by Childe.

"Please take a look at this."

The stag did just that, "A Sigil of Permission... Many a season has passed since one was last in the presence of such an item. He before you is the mighty and illuminated adeptus, Moon Carver. Speak, travellers. What business have you here?"

"Actually..." Paimon started, before she was interrupted, "It's the assassins! They dared to flee here to Jueyun Karst!" A soldier yelled, as his companion nervously fiddled with his feet.

"Sir, we've already stepped too far into Jueyun Karst ourselves."

"We... Argh, there's no choice. Apprehending the assassins is top priority, we must press on!"

You and Aether had already turned around from the commotion, as Moon Carver glared at them, "...disturbing our borders. See them gone. One will not have interruption."

Aether glanced at you, as you shrugged, summoning your polearm as Aether did with his sword.
You both lept forward, as another wave of soldiers seemingly appeared out of nowhere.
You quickly made work of them, turning your polearm around so you could simply knock them out with the handle.

The soldiers were down on the ground— some unconscious and some fleeing the scene, within seconds.
You both went back to Moon Carver once everyone was dealt with, ignoring the waves of fallen soldiers litering the place.

"We've digressed. State your purpose, travellers."

"Well..." Paimon told the story to Moon Carver, who seemed to narrow his eyes in response.