12 ||

—CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

Childe led you both to a room, an elegant looking man already sat by the table, sipping on some tea.
He muttered a small greeting as Childe guided you to the table, all of you awkwardly sitting down amongst the silence.
You uncomfortably shifted, trying to sit without crushing your poor tails.
Aether sat next to you, grabbing your hand in reassurance.

Paimon simply floated next to you.

"Allow me to introduce Mr. Zhongli, consultant to an organisation known as Wangsheng, and a trusted associate of the Fatui," Childe introduced.

Zhongli simply smiled, as Aether looked over to him, "Wangsheng?"

Childe nodded, "Indeed, Wangsheng's line of work can be sensitive at times. Let's just say they understand when discretion is needed. And we, the Fatui," Childe spoke, "have always been glad to do business with friends who walk in the shadows."

Paimon shivered, "Walk in the shadows?"

"It is an honour to meet you," Zhongli finally spoke, your eyes widened at the deep voice.

"I have heard tell of you from Mondstadt."

"Discretion... shadows... Ah! Is Wangsheng some kind of business involving... dealing with people?"

"Indeed, it is as you have guessed." Paimon shrieked in response, "The Wangsheng Funeral Parlor organized burials. We ensure that those who pass on do so in peace."

You tensed, I wish Mother had that...

"Eh?"

Childe laughed at Paimon's expression, "Did you think he was some sort of hired killer? The Fatui calls many such people friends, but the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor does not dabble in such business... well, ostensibly."