Chapter 9: You Know What's coming

"Is... is that it?" Ren asked, clearly confused as she stared at the area where her claw marks disappeared on the Ancestral Tree.

Bella nodded, smiling proudly. "Yes Ren, you have given your vow. Congratulations." She replied with a cheery voice.

Ren slowly turned around, immediately looking to John with a big smile on her face. "That... was awesome!" She exclaimed, skipping over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck to hug him.

John chuckled, quickly hugging her back. "Yeah, it was." He said with amusement.

"Congratulations Ren." Said Shira, giving the wolf girl a very small smile while the others just seemed to be happy for her with their expressions... except for Tristan of course.

"Now all we gotta do is get her trained to fight when necessary." Cooper said with a smile while simultaneously picking at his canine teeth with a toothpick.

"Um, I think I have the perfect man to train me thank you very much." Ren said with a small giggle, cuddling into John a little more.

"Cooper is shit trainer anyways." Ivan said with a chuckle, nudging Cooper's shoulder playfully.

Cooper glared up at the tall bear, cursing under his breath. "I'm shit am I? I'll fucking show you shit.." he mumbled, growling slightly.

"If we're quite done with joking around on these sacred lands, shall we regain focus?" Tristan asked, scowling at everyone.

The group rolled their eyes from Tristan's mood killing nature, and with the order from Bella, the whole group retained their previous silence, going back to paying their respects to those they lost after Ren gave her vow.

And this would go on for almost an hour until Bella decided it was time to head back, turning around to everyone. "Okay, it is getting rather cold out here, let us return." She said, grabbing onto Sammy's hand once again.

Everyone began following Bella... except for Luna. She stayed behind, keeping her eyes to the Ancestral Tree.

"Actually... I'm gonna go a walk guys, I'll be back soon." Luna said quietly, still standing with the help of her cruches.

This confused the group, everyone turned around to face her.

"... a walk? Luna, you can hardly walk with those things as is." Shira pointed out. "You should be resting."

John was especially concerned by what Luna said and looked at her with an expression that showed his concern.

"Guys, I'm going a walk, I'll be back in a bit." Luna stated, clearly getting a little irritated.

Just as she began struggling to walk in the opposite direction as them, John sighed, shaking his head.

"Then I'll come with you." He said, earning surprised glances from the group, mostly Ren.

"Oh for fuck sake, seriously?" Luna asked, pinching the bridge of her nose as she stopped in her tracks.

John nodded. "Can't let you head out alone with the state you're in." He said simply, making her groan with annoyance.

"He's right Luna, if you insist on going out, someone is going with you. That's an order." Bella stated.

"Ugh... whatever." Luna mumbled, very clearly aggravated.

"John... do you have to go?" Ren asked quietly, going unheard by everyone but John as she leaned into him.

He sighed, knowing Ren wanted him to stay with her. "Yeah, I do... she can't just go alone like that Ren." He said softly, placing a kiss on her head. "I'll be back soon." He promised.