Chapter 16: The Wrath of the Wolf

The Scavengers were flying in a certain direction after they took over the Aviary, putting Raven's 'plan' to action. Within no time, each of them landed by a railway tunnel near the city of Montreal, a railway that would lead to the underground mall that Jonn and the others visited long ago... the one that was jam packed with rabids.

Raven landed behind his scruffy Scavengers, towering over all of them. "Let's get this shit show started, shall we?"

The psychotic avian led the way into the very dark tunnel, not even bothering to bring any sort of light. His scavengers followed behind him hesitantly, and every step they took echoed throughout the entire tunnel.

The noise of their approaching footsteps must've awakened the massive hoard of rabids, as they immediately began snarling loudly while remaining trapped in the underground mall.

"Raven, is it ready yet?" Asked Tristan through an earpiece in Raven's ear after the small group made it to the train platform for the mall.

"Not yet, working on it now jackal." Raven responded. "Just focus on your part of the plan, we'll handle this."

Raven and the Scavengers began pulling a few objects out from their packs... powerful explosives that they planted and stuck to the walls that kept the rabids trapped... their plan was very clear now, and was already in motion.

"We will destroy them all like packed animals." Raven muttered as his large, maniacal smirk took its place on his features once again.

-

"Boy, listen. You were dead only moments ago, and now you want to go and wage war?" Draco asked with clear surprise.

John was stood in front of the Ancestral tree, with Skye and Camilla by his sides. Everyone was stood in front of them after hearing their plan.

"I want nothing more." John said with clear anger behind his voice. "They have Sammy, I'll stop at nothing to get him back."

"They have my brother, and they killed my people... slaughtered the Avians before they could fight back." Skye said, tears coming to her eyes. "They are nothing but cowards, and we will bring justice to every last one of them!" She yelled furiously.

Everyone seemed understanding of John and Skye's plan, what little of the Avians that were left seemed utterly devastated by the news of their fellow people, and Camilla still cried while remaining cuddled into her sister.

"Hmm." Koryyg's deep mumble caused a substantial vibration on the ground, felt by everyone. "How could they have killed every last Avian so easily?" He was confused, avians were supposed to be fierce warriors.

Camilla sniffled, and slowly raised her head to look at the massive dragon. "R-Raven said that the sword he had made it easy... it was blood red and... he said one scratch with it kills you." She explained nervously.

Koryyg's eyes widened, immediately recognizing that description. "... then he has found a weapon from the wicked ways... blood magic."

"The hell is blood magic?" Asked John curiously.

"I do not know much about it, I was dormant as the blood war raged on millenia ago. What I do know, is that blood magic was created from darkness. If the magic catches even a drop of your blood, then your soul is forever confined to... whatever unknown being controls it. Nobody knows how to cure it, one scratch... and you are doomed for eternity." The ancient dragon explained solemnly, sending chills throughout all who listened.

Skye began to tear up more, a morbid thought crossing her mind. "That... is the fate of my people?" Her voice was shaken.

Koryyg slowly nodded his head sympathetically. "I am afraid so, mistress Flyhigh."