8.

The next morning, Kallie, Chrissy and Jaylen was downstairs in the kitchen making breakfast, Chrissy was in her school uniform, Kallie had already made plans that the school needs to be aware not to let the school give Chrissy to her foster mother if she is out on bail and to call the police and her so she can get her. Jaylen was throwing the cereal onto the table and then at Chrissy. 'Jaylen, we don't do that.' Chrissy said that.
'Chrissy, do you have your books.' she looked over at Chrissy eating her breaksfast. 'Kallie, are you sure that she won't come to the school?'
'Don't worry, she won't get near you, she will be arrested, remember after school, the social worker will be coming to see if I am viable to be your guardian.' Kallie said handing Jaylen a pancake then a plate of 3 pancakes to Chrissy, seconds later Braydon walked down the stairs to the kitchen, Kallie had given him a coffee and pancakes. He sat down next to Chrissy and Kallie sat next to Jaylen, they sat, talked and then got ready to leave the house. 'Kallie, when is the social worker coming,' he was picking up Jaylen's things and then him, Kallie and Chrissy was walking to the school as it is close to the college. '5:30pm.'
'I'll be there at 5pm, Melanie got some people to cover us for a couple of weeks while this is all sorted out.' He was putting Jaylen in his car seat, Chrissy and Kallie said bye, Kallie and Braydon gave a special signal and they walked seperate.
'You two made up and started to date.' Chrissy said when they made it to the shortcut to the school, 'can't lie, you two are tiptoeing around like all of yesterday afternoon.' Kallie jerked her to the side and then pulled her back to her. 'Have you really Kallie?'
'We are taking it so slow that I don't think we are fully dating but trying to figure out what we want so we don't hurt each other and Jaylen now you.' Kallie moved Chrissy's hair from her face as they made it to the end of the shortcut and around the corner, school children was walking through the park and into the front of the school, the teachers where standing at the gate when a young woman came walking up to them.
'Hi, my name is miss Deavon, I am one of the history teacher and Chrissy's form tutor, the police came to tell us about the situation, it's finally getting sorted, thank you,' shaking Kallie's hand. 'Miss Deavon is the only teacher that was trying to do something about it.'
'It's ok, Chrissy, have a good day and don't forget to go to someone if your foster mother turns up.' Chrissy waved to Kallie as she walked into the History block in the school,' Kallie turned back to the teacher.  'I have taken some time from college so I am available, here is my house number, my phone number, Braydon, my boyfriend's phone and house number if you can't get to me and the book store that I work at number.' Kallie didn't even process that she said boyfriend. 'Thank you we will.'

Kallie was walking home when it finally hit, 'I said boyfriend!' She put her hands in her head and groaned, she put it back up and walked into the Aldi, her phone rang, she picked it up instantly. 'Kallie, where are you?' It was Braydon, he had finished sending Jaylen to daycare. 'Aldi.' She hung up the phone and carried on picking up the various vegetables, a couple of minutes braydon walked up behind her and put his hand on her side she turned around and smiled. 'Also I told Chrissy's History and form tutor that you are my boyfriend to make it easier when I gave her out numbers so don't be shocked when she introduces and asks if you pick up the phone.'
'Well last night I thought I made it clear, eventhough we are going at a snail pace you are my girlfriend and I will introduce you like that, so don't worry, call me you boyfriend and not overthink anything, tell me if you are uncomfortable and I will help the situation.' He was picking up the food that Jaylen like along with some yoghurts.

'How was Chrissy when you took her to school?' Braydon said as they walked down the street out of the middle of town on the way to Kallie's house, he was holding onto her and his shopping bags, Kallie was smiling on the inside. 'She was fine, she knows that we are dating and finds it cute, she looked anxious before I said bye to her at school but her teacher said she will look after her, the police came this morning to talk to all the teacher and the head teacher, they all understand the situation.' Braydon nodded his head, Kallie tried to take a  couple of the bags but Braydon moved his body so she couldn't hold on to them, she laughed and pushed him jokingly. 'Come on let me hold one, the only heavy thing that you hold is Jaylen but most of the time it is me, I am totally more stronger than you.' Kallie joked around, he looked at her, thinking that she was cute and happy that they talked and understand each other and their feelings.
'Braydon, what about Tania's family, do they want to see Jaylen?' Braydon looked at her, he knew that she would want to know but he didn't even know himself if they want him to bring Jaylen to them, they haven't been in contact since Tania died. 'I send photos and updates but they just read them, Tania's aunt is in contact and plans to come to here to see him, his grandmother and grandfather must still be grieving badly and Jaylen must remind him badly of Tania so I know that it best to leave them and them contact me.' They made it to the door of Kallie, she opened the door to the house and went straight to the kitchen, they put both of their stuff away and went to the couch.
'Are you scared that Tania's family will be angry that you are close to Jaylen and that they will think you are taking Tania's place?' he asked taking her hand and looking at her.
'I know I am not replacing Tania but what if they don't see it that way, I don't want to intrude.' Kallie said looking at Braydon, he had concern that melts into happiness when she spoke. 'Kallie, they will not be like that, they knew that I will move on but I said that I will never forget her, Jaylen will never forget her...' he was stopped by Kallie holding the sides of his face.
'We will make sure that Jaylen knows his mother and how wonderful she was and I will be there for him where Tania can't be.' He looked at her, wanting to kiss her but he knew that she will freak out so he just pulled her into a hug, he nestled his face into her neck, Kallie held him back and smiled.