a broken truce and a confession.

"you write me up and say it's love and I can't believe it."

"you for real? what happened to the truce?" it was obvious taiju wasn't scared, so why did he seem so upset mitsuya wanted to fight him? you doubted he actually cared about their little deal. "don't tell me you're some scumbag who can't keep his promises?" with each word from the shiba sibling, mitsuya just grew angrier, that much was clear. "shut up. i'm going to tell you something more important and obvious that that. never hurt your little sister. no matter what she does, how badly she misbehaves, forgive her with a smile. that's what being a big brother is all about, asshole!" mitsuya ripped his shirt open, much to your confusion. was this how guys showed their superiority? with a yell, he ran towards taiju, and the fight began.

they seemed pretty evenly matched, despite the clear size difference. "the hell are ya' staring at, takemichi?" as you turned, chifuyu was walking towards you guys. you weren't sure why he wasn't there sooner, given he seemed pretty set on doing this alongside your cousin. "kisaki and hanma turned against me, tied me up outside. mitsuya saved me." wow, surprising. you'd have to scold them later for teaming with guys like that. "i'm the one who called mitsuya." how the hell did he call him when he was tied up? "you idiot! you ruined the peace agreement!" chifuyu shrugged, something about the two was off. did they know something? something that you didn't? "the peace agreement had nothing to do with us. the goal was to keep the black dragons out of toman, right? mitsuya made the peace agreement, everyone will understand if he broke his own agreement." you quickly ignored the two, spinning around as hakkai called out for mitsuya.

he was kneeling, panting. you huffed, jogging towards him, sending taiju a glare. "let me help you, mitsuya-" "no. i can do it, don't you dare fight. mikey would kill me if i let you get hurt, y'know?" he stood up, gently pushing you so you were behind him. "kill you, you say? so, if i really wanna piss toman off, all i gotta do is hurt the girl again? hah! why didn't ya' tell me sooner?" that just seemed to piss mitsuya off further, springing back to attack taiju. it was nice that everyone wanted you to be safe, but you hated it. what if you wanted to get hurt? "n-no! taka, don't do it! you'll never beat him, you'll get hurt!" jeez, way to have faith in your best friend, hakkai. "what's wrong with you, taka?! i thought you didn't fight pointless battles, you're smarter than that! he's older and stronger, and you don't have anything!"

"hey, shut up for a second." god, these toman brats had no manners. chifuyu continued on. "mitsuya's clever. he's being stubborn cause you're watching. he can estimate what's going to happen, he's putting himself out for your sake." looking at hakkai, you had a similar thought to peh. no heterosexual explanation. "hah.. you're a tough bastard! 'm gettin' tired though, so it's time we finish this!" oh god, mitsuya was going to die. "right, inui?" you tried to run forward, tried to stop mitsuya from getting hurt. but chifuyu held you back. "look- mitsuya.. he'll be fine, he was right, we can't let you-" there was a loud clang as the pole made contact with mitsuya's head. "i'll kill you, chifuyu." he didn't say anything to your threat. "taka!" hakkai ran to mitsuya, who was lying limp on the floor. "well? did my info help? was it worth the 100,000 yen?" he was looking straight at takemichi and chifuyu. "what the actual fuck did you guys do?" neither of them answered, bastards.

"takemichi! what are we- what- taka he's not-" ah here it was, all the good that came from murder attempts. "obviously. i swung as hard as i could." you could hear takemichi panting beside you, he was a really loud breather, that
was one of the traits you hated. "what the fuck did you just do?!" that was a pretty stupid question. "you son of a bitch!" chifuyu let go of you, much to your satisfaction. "hah! bring it on, you little shits!" both of the blondes ran towards the three black dragons, yelling. "guys, stop!" god, what a headache. suddenly, mitsuya was fine, pushing himself to his feet. "mitsuya!" both of them called out to him, his head was all bloody. "i'm alright." yeah, clearly. "cool it, would ya'?" he ignored hakkai's cries for him to slow it down. "listen carefully. taiju's a total beast, and the other two are probably super strong too. chifuyu, you're all beat up, and i can't move. takemichi, you're the only one who's actually close to being in fighting shape. but if we lose here, something worse could happen to yuzuha. she could get killed."