Pt. 5 The Arrow Takes Its Hold

You enter Nejire's dorm, ready for your study session.

Nejire comes in, sitting right next to you, a bit close for friends, but did you mind? No.

She starts explaining the concepts to you, it took a while but under her patience and calm teaching, you got there.

Two hours later-

Y/N: I've got it.

You say with a great smile on your face.

Nejire: You did great.

She looks down, clearly needing something.

Y/N: You look off, not in a bad way or anything but-

Nejire: It's fine. I think I've had this feeling, see, and I know that something's not gonna happen.

Y/N: What is it?

Nejire: Well, um,

It's working. Yes.

Nejire: I think I'm in love with someone. I know they'll never date me, after all, if I were to marry the guy, I'd make up such an insignificant part of their-

Y/N: Shhh. Are you talking about me?

Nejire: Um...

She nods her head then puts it down in shame. You open your arms.

Y/N: Nejire. You wanna cuddle?

Nejire: Yes. I wanna cuddle with you and put my head on your chest and kiss you and everything.

She says quickly, needing all of this desperately.

Y/N: Go on. Do it.

You refer to your open arms.

Y/N: They're open for you.

She pulls her head up slowly, you could see her astonishment at the very fact you'd offered her this. She races in, collecting you. She squeezes you as tight as she could.

Nejire: I can't believe this.

Y/N: Nejire.

She pulls her head up, to look you in the eyes.

Y/N: I love you Nejire.

Her mouth opens at the utterance of those words, she's lost for her own.

Forgot how well they worked. Also, why's this not feel as good as I thought?

Nejire is still there, stammering, not knowing what to say.

Y/N: Maybe you just want a kiss?

Nejire nods her head very quickly, before slamming her lips into your own. You put your hand on the back of her head, swaying gently as the kiss' intensity dies down.

Y/N: Feels good, right?

Nejire nods her head, refusing to break the kiss. You end up breaking the kiss, only to look into her blue eyes. You saw an ocean of happiness, yet a well of another feeling you couldn't quite grasp.

What's happening? Why am I not as happy as I thought I'd be?

Y/N: Hey Nejire. Can I go again?

Nejire: Of course.

You go in, pulling Nejire's head in, kissing her lips in the middle. You don't go any deeper than the surface, yet your kiss is long, slow and passionate. You felt at ease, not at peace, just at ease.

What the-? Why? Does it not feel right?

Nejire: What's up?

She notices your tilted head, as if you are questioning something internally, you'd be lying if you said you weren't.