Chapter 9 - The Note

Natalie was returning home from another ordinary school day. Today, she was alone. Niall had to go somewhere so he got picked up by his mom. The heat was quite intense today. Natalie couldn't walk anymore. Her backpack was too heavy and she decided to walk to school today. Great.

"Hey Natalie!" she heard a faint voice call her. Natalie shielded her eyes from the sun to see who it was. Her eyes burned. Then a bit further, she saw two figures standing and waving at her. It was Liam and Danielle.

"Hey guys!"

Danielle ran up to Natalie and gave her a hug. "How have you been? We haven't seen you for so long!"

"Uh yeah." Natalie was really happy to see them, but this heat was just killing her.

"The heat's quite a killer today, huh?" Liam asked.

"Tell me about it."

"C'mon let's get something cold to drink." Danielle suggested.

"Sounds perfect." Natalie said relieved.

-------------------------------

Liam, Danielle and Natalie decided to go to a nearby gas station store, to buy large cups of slushies.

"Mmm perfect!" Danielle said with her eyes closed.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." Liam agreed.

"Thanks you guys. But seriously, I could've paid for myself." Natalie said.

"Oh please Nat." Danielle took a sip. "It's the least we could do."

"Yeah, so just sip it and don't say anything." Liam joked.

"Aye aye captain!" Natalie laughed.

"C'mon we'll walk with you to your house, and then we'll be off."

"Ok."

"So tell me, how's life? I mean being 'in a relationship'."

"Um it's pretty fun... and hectic."

"Hectic?" Liam looked at her confused.

"Well yeah. I know we had to be hidden and all, but both of our parents know about us now."

"Oh my God. So what happened?" Danielle asked worriedly.

"They got pissed. And now I have to pretend I hate Zayn." Natalie explained.

"Oh that's bad."

"Yeah. How's Zayn doing?"

"He's good. He's just not bringing his personal life up in front of his family anymore." Liam said.

"Oh."

"But today he seemed a little excited today." Danielle said.

"Oh yeah! We talked to him earlier and boy was he smiling!"

"Aw really? Well I don't know what that's about."

"Really?" Danielle raised her eyebrow.

"Yes." Natalie laughed.

"But you know we're really happy he found you." Liam smiled.

"Thanks guys."

"No really. You've changed him." Danielle stopped Natalie.

"What do you mean?"

"I haven't seen him touch a cigarette for the past few days. He said he would stop smoking 'cause it just hurts the people he loves. Danielle, Harry, me and his family all told him to stop, but he never listened to us. I'm sure it was because of you." Liam explained.