Chapter 3 - Bumping Again

Natalie was leaving school and then her cell began ringing.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Natalie it's mom." it was Mrs. Dovette.

"Hey. What's going on?"

"I need to ask you for a favor. Can you go pick up my clothes from the dry cleaners?"

"What? Why?"

"My car won't start and you have your car with you today."

"But that's downtown! It's like 45 minutes away from here! And there will be traffic!"

"Hun I'm really sorry but I need them for tomorrow."

"Fine, fine I'll pick them up." Natalie shook her head.

"Thank you. Bye."

"Bye." Natalie disconnected the call upsetly. She walked into the school's parking lot to find her red Volkswagen beetle.

"Hey Nat!" someone called her.

Natalie turned around to see Niall waving at her. "Hey Niall. What's up?"

"Can you give me a ride today?"

"Uh I'm going to downtown right now to pick up my mom's dry cleaning. But you can tag along."

"No that's fine. I'm too tired to go through a rush hour at this time."

"Alright. Sorry."

"No it's fine. Have fun!"

"Yeah thanks."

Natalie opened her car and sat inside. She put her backpack on the passenger's seat and started the car. She put her hand on the steering wheel and said to herself "Nat, get ready for the most excruciating drive of your life." 

-------------------------------

Almost two hours later, Natalie arrived at the dry cleaners and picked up her mother's clean clothes.

Natalie went outside to go back to her car which was parked at least five block away. The entire time, she was upset and cursing under her breath. The weather wasn't even being helpful. It had all of a sudden begin to get really windy. The sky was all dark. If a tornado or some natural disaster was scheduled to come. Natalie was going to just sit on the dirty floor of downtown and get ready for her death. She was too tired to even care. Natalie was barely able to take a step. She clutched tightly onto the clothes and took big steps as she walked against the wind. She kept her head down due to the dust flying into her eyes.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry." Natalie bumped into somebody. She looked up to see a familiar face that made her frown upside down.

"Hey there!" It was Zayn.

"Hey! I can't believe I bumped into you again!"

"That's fine. Only if this is the only we can keep meeting each other." he winked.

"Ha-ha-ha! Hopefully not!" she laughed and smelled something suffocating. Natalie hated this smell. It always irked her. She looked down to find it and saw it. It was the cigarette... in Zayn's hand. "Y-you smoke?"

"Uh yeah. It's a bad habit of mine." he said as he combed his hand through his hair.

"Oh."

"So what are you doing here?"

"Picking up my mom's dry cleaning." she signaled her full hands.

"That's nice of you."

"Eh yeah whatever. This is what happens when the child of the family also gets their own car. Parents try to take adavantage of it."

"True, true." he chuckled.

Natalie smiled. He was just so perfect. He always made her smile and well even made the worst evening of her life into something nice.

"So we should definitely hang out soon." he said as he broke Natalie's trance.

"Uh yeah. Definitely." she moved her hair away from her face.

"So I'll call you then?"

"Yep!"

"Bye Natalie."

"Bye Zayn." she turned around and went back to her war with the wind.

After a few struggling minutes, Natalie finally reached her car. She sighed and sat in the car. It was finally time to go home.

-------------------------------

"Thank you, thank you so much honey!" Mrs. Dovette greeted Natalie with a bunch of kisses and hugs.

"Mom it's ok."

"No Natalie. You must be so tired! The weather is just horrible and you're returning home at like seven!"

"Well it wasn't that bad ok?" she thought of Zayn. If it wasn't for him, she would've been really upset. "I'm gonna go take a shower now." she handed her mother her clothes and started up the stairs.