Chapter 2 - Prom Date

Natalie walked into her house and threw the books on the sofa. She collapsed on the other sofa and thought about what just happened. She was friends with the world's biggest pop star! The entire population of girls in her school fell head over heels for him. But she decided to keep this as her little secret. Well she can tell her best friends. They're like brothers to her and she never kept anything from them.

"Oh, you're home." Mrs. Dovette walked into the room.

"Hey." Natalie smiled.

"Did someone drop you?" Mrs. Dovette asked as she looked at the scatter of books on the leather sofa.

"Yeah."

"Well who was it? I saw an expensive car outside and I'm sure it didn't belong to your friends."

"I met him at the library. He offered to give me a lift." Natalie smiled as she thought of Zayn.

"The library? Must be a smart boy. What's his name?" Mrs. Dovette sat down now interested that her daughter met someone at the library.

"Mom. If you're thinking of me going out with this guy, you're crazy! He's just a friend and his name is Zayn." Natalie was not planning to go out with him. She was pretty sure she was way out of his league. If her mom found out what Zayn did, she would freak!

"Well at least hold onto him. You need to expand your friend circle."

"Whatever." Natalie rolled her eyes. She was happy with her friends Louis and Niall.

"Anyway, I have something to tell you." Mrs. Dovette said seriously.

"What's up?" Natalie sat up.

"Remember last month when Mrs. Harley came here to show me how to make that meatloaf?"

"Uh yeah..."

"Well I told her if she needed anything from me, she shouldn't hesitate to ask. So the favor she needs to ask, kinda involves you."

"Me?" Natalie said with widen eyes.

"Yes. Remember her son Richard?"

"Ew. I'm not liking the sound of this."

"Oh just listen. So her son's prom is on June 10th and he wants to take you as his date."

"WHAT?!"

"I know you don't like him but it's just as a one night thing only honey. The poor boy has a crush on you for years!"

"I don't care if it's for 5 minutes! I hate him! He's so weird, disgusting and... a geek." Natalie angrily crossed her arms.

"I know after that incident in grade 3, you can't stand him. But his mother had no other favors to ask." Mrs. Dovette said as she placed her hand on Natalie's shoulder.

Back in grade 3, Natalie and Richard were in the same class. Natalie was playing with her friends at the playground when Richard came up to her to give her a flower he picked up nearby on the grass.

"Uh Natalie?" Richard said shyly fixing his glasses.

"Yes?" Natalie turned from her friends.

"This is for you." he handed her a small flower.

"Thanks!"

"Uh you're welcome." he sniffled.

Natalie went back to playing and then suddenly started screaming "AHHHH! EWWWW! Look! His booger is on my finger!" She started rubbing her hand on the grass vigorously. She was disgusted! It wasn't coming off!

The Star-Crossed Lovers: The Modern Romeo & Juliet Tragedy || 1Dजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें