001

| # BUZZFEED UNSOLVED

( 📼 ) ━━━━ ❪ chapter 1 ! ❫ 

JAMIE ROBERTS ROLLED their eyes. "Oh my god, chat, I wasn't staring out the window because I'm scared to play Ghosts. GeorgeNotFound is outside, obviously."

Chat went wild, spamming variations of "JamieNotFound confirmed??"

"Chat," they said, shaking their head in disappointment, "I'm definitely still in the US. And it's GeorgeUnsolved if he even knew I existed, thank you very much."

The truth was the sun was in their eyes, causing them to look up and take a moment to enjoy the sunset and get a little lost in their head. They reached up and closed the blinds to add an extra spooky effect in the background of their stream.

Jamie clapped their hands together. "Okay guys. We're going to be playing Ghosts! Finally, I know. Here's how the game works: first you get put into a room with a random player for a few minutes and use the in-game voice chat the whole game. Pray the other player isn't like, twelve.

"After that, we're put on a map with other players we can't hear. Now, it's sorta like Among Us or maybe Murder Mystery on Hypixel. My partner and I will either have to prove which team is the ghosts or we'll have to haunt people as ghosts and stay out of trouble."

They recounted what they said, making sure they'd explained everything. "OH and everyone's characters are little adorable ghosts but we all have different hats."

Jamie smiled creepily, leaning closer to the facecam. "Let's haunt some bitches."

They clicked the start button on the homescreen, presumably at the same time as their mystery partner because they were put into a room resembling one in which used to interrogate suspects in a crime.

Jamie followed the directions to connect to the in-game voice chat, and thank god their partner sounded over the age of ten.

"Hello?" a deep voice asked, testing the mic.

"Hi!" Jamie said cheerfully. "Are you ready to solve a whodunnit"—they paused to read the nametag floating above the character, this one featuring a wizard hat—"Ranboo?"

Ranboo chuckled. "That I am, Miss JamieUnsolved."

They cringed to themself. They'd forgotten to put their pronouns in the name tag again, hadn't they? And they didn't want to correct Ranboo, just in case.

"Chat, chat, calm yourselves. We are a respectable Twitch family, remember?" Jamie's eyes widened when they saw only spams of "THE RANBOO?" and "DID HE REALLY JUST SAY MISS?"

"Are you a streamer?"

"Um, yeah," Jamie mumbled. They always got a bit embarrassed whenever someone asked what they did for a job, especially middle-aged women. Chat had suggested "content creator" or simply "Minecraft streamer" but both sounded like it would go over badly.