006

| # BUZZFEED UNSOLVED

( 📼 ) ━━━━ ❪ chapter 6 ! ❫ 

JAMIE'S GLOVED hands hovered over their hair. They wiped their eyes best they could with their shoulder. They gripped a chunk of dark hair, running one hand down the length of it, leaving a purple stripe.

The letter affected them more then they had admitted to Ranboo. It was stupid, really. It was just words with no real threat behind them.

Jamie looked up, making eye contact with themself in the mirror. They weren't happy with who looked back at them.

They'd had to rely on Ranboo to lift their viewership. It'd been four months and they couldn't do it themself.

The longer they stared, the less they recognized the reflection. Their wet hair was stuck to their face, the dye stained around their neck like a purple noose. Their bright eyes were dimmed, scrunched with their mood. Their lips were pressed together. The longer they stared, the less they looked like themself.

Jamie tore their gaze away from the mirror, their eyes stinging from not blinking for too long. Looking away didn't help all that much, their permanent image burned into their mind.

They picked up the plastic grocery bag off the counter, tying it over their hair. They peeled off the gloves, disposing them into the bathroom wastebasket.

Jamie took a deep breath, forcing themself not to look at the mirror again as they left the bathroom, coming into their own room and starting up their computer. They lowered the brightness so that their reflection in the screen wasn't as intense.

Somedays were good, and the others in between felt like a punch to the gut, leaving them winded and gasping for euphoric air. All they were rewarded with for living another day was dysphoria.

part-time jobs near me

Jamie scrolled through the search results, not finding much that caught their eye. Fast food worker was definitely not what they wanted to apply for.

"Hey, Jamerson."

"Hi," Jamie said, not looking at the door. They froze, closing their eyes briefly at the sound of their own voice.

"Are you job hunting?" Charlie asked, coming into the room and leaning against the top of Jamie's gaming chair.

"Mmhm."

"But I thought streaming was starting to become lucrative?"

They shouldn't have felt irritated by the valid question. "It is. But as soon as Twitter gets bored of me and Ranboo interacting my viewership will probably go down again, which means no more money and Netflix for Jamie."