005

| # BUZZFEED UNSOLVED

( 📼 ) ━━━━ ❪ chapter 5 ! ❫ 

"IT'S PROBABLY a prank," Ranboo said. "Yeah, left by your neighbors or something."

"Probably," Jamie agreed, even though it was unlikely. Their cul-de-sac was either young families or retired seniors. Same with the street before it. They found that sort of dumb prank more likely to come from a teenager then an adult.

They stared at the letter, the eerie words watching them right back. They'd stuffed it in a drawer overnight and highly considered putting it back.

"It's Buzzfeed Unsolved night," Ranboo reminded them, shifting in his unicorn gaming chair Jamie had seen for the first time when they started the call, already very much in love with it. "Let's put the letter away and watch, okay? You need a distraction, Jamie."

Jamie sighed, slowly reaching out to fold the letter back up. "Right you are, Boo. Tommy's going to talk to Tubbo about joining us and I already contacted someone I know through Twitter about making a custom map. Everything's fine, right?"

"More then," he assured them. "Say, why don't you tell me about the episode you picked?"

"But my dear Randy," they said, "I can't spoil the plot. But it's called The Search for the Mysterious Mothman."

"Plot? Is this show scripted?"

"Some of it, probably, but most of it no."

Jamie pressed play, starting up the quick flashes of previews that happened later on in the episode they were watching.

"This week on Buzzfeed Unsolved, we travel to Point Pleasant, West Virginia, as we dip our toes back into the cryptic pool again to search for the famed creature, The Mothman."

Jamie mouthed the words with Ryan, one of the hosts. They paused the YouTube video, grinning. "Okay, so basically, Ranboo, Ryan is the big supernatural guy. Believes in ghosts, always searching for proof of them, etc, etc, and so forth.

"Shane is the anti ghost guy. He's always trying to prove Ryan wrong and makes fun of the spirits, isn't afraid of like anything, all the things. But they're best buds."

"Anti-ghost guys?" Ranboo exclaimed. "In 2021?! Ruh-roh."

Jamie stared at him, slowly cracking up. "Did you...seriously just compare Shane to like what, anti-maskers?"

"Y'know, I might've either intentionally or just not intentionally."

They shake their head at him. "Boo, I'm super terrible with words and stuff, but you're a really good friend. This is the fastest I've ever connected with someone."