Interrogation(4)

( Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it. To celebrate this holiday, I'm posting a chapter. However, I'm not posting the chapter early. Meaning that in a couple days I'll have another chapter released. Enjoy! )

(For any confusion about ^, I originally posted this yesterday on Thanksgiving. For some reason this chapter became unpublished.)

    Aizawa observed the questioning from the corner of the hospital room.

"Let's get started. I'm going to need you to fully and specifically answer the questions, meaning that you will have to include part of the question in your answer to make sure you're not answering for anything else. I have a lie detector quirk, so I'll know if you don't tell the truth."

"Great." Dabi sarcastically replied, rolling his eyes.

Tsukauchi looked at his notes before asking, "Can you confirm that the name of your quirk is Cremation?"

"Yes."

Tsukauchi looked at him, "I'm going to need you to-"

"The name of my quirk is Cremation." Dabi interrupted, huffing.

"Can you confirm what your age is?" Tsukauchi continued.

"Take your best guess."

The detective looked annoyed, but flipped through his notes before answering anyway. "The police report has your age estimated to be between 22-30."

Dabi looked like he was about to burst out laughing. Instead he deadpaned, "I'm 16." Aizawa almost spit out his coffee.

"Say that ag-"

"I'm 16 years old."

    Tsukauchi would have shot a slight glare towards the villian for interrupting him again, but this newfound information was to say the least, shocking. He glanced back at Aizawa nodding to say it was true.

    Aizawa stared back in disbelief. A teenager led a group of villians in kidnapping his student?! And he succeeded!

"It's the boots, they make me look taller. I'm actually 6 foot. Of course, I also have to give some of the credit to these scars. They really change a person's appearance." Dabi offered as an explanation, smirking.

The speechless detective still managed to move on, "From all the league members, you're the only one we haven't managed to find a real name for. Dabi obviously isn't it." Something flickered in Dabi's eyes. Fear? If so, why?

"I'm not telling you!" He said hastily.

"I'm sorry, but I need your name"

"No! I can't."

"Unless you can give me a good reason as to why, I'm going to need you to tell me your name." Tsukauchi was determined, but so was Dabi who repeated himself before settling his expression into a hard glare. The villian remained unresponsive to any other attempt to pry the information out.

Just as the detective was about to try again for the twentieth time, and trust me, he's counted, Aizawa interjected. "Leave it. He's not going to tell us no matter what we do. I can tell."

    Dabi nodded, slightly grateful his identity would remain hidden. He'd be a dead man if it got out.

    The villian continued to answer a few more of the detectives questions eventually coming too, "What is your kill count?"

    Is this guy serious, Dabi thought. How the hell should he know that!

Scoffing he replied, "What crazy person actually keeps track of that stuff? Are you expecting me to list off some random number like 356? Who would actually remember killing that many people. My kill count is somewhere between 70 to 100 people."

"Did you have a motive." He was basically asking him if he killed those people for fun.

"It's not like I wanted to kill them like everyone thinks, I was told to. Most of them were terrible people anyway." He said scoffing.

"By who and why?"

When has anyone ever gotten a straight answer with that question? The commission had him kill many people for all kinds of reasons, power, money, to keep their secrets, eliminate threats, revenge, etc. It didn't matter who died, as long as they got what they wanted in the end. And if they didn't... his breath hitched... well that was a story for another time.

"That's classified information" He monotonously said, like everyone under the commission was trained to do no matter the circumstances. It really was. That info was to always remain a secret. One slip of the tongue and them and anyone they told disappeared. And any proof of existence was destroyed.

His documents were destroyed the first day of his transfer to the commission. The only people who knew of his existence would be his family, but they thought he was dead. He didn't need to be bringing up those skeletons anyway, he always tried to forget, but the past never dies.

"Final question, why did you become a villian?"

"I wanted to become a villian."

"That's a lie."

"It's not!"

"Don't even try, my quirk indicates you're lying"

    He glared and voice becoming increasingly louder, Dabi shouted, "Well maybe if heros weren't greedy, backstabbing, power-hungry scum and actually did their job because they wanted to help people, I wouldn't have NEEDED to become a villian!" After realizing what he did, he snapped his mouth shut and turned his head so they couldn't see his expression.

Tsukauchi and Aizawa were both speechless for a solid minute before looking at each other to signal that the interrogation was over. Before leaving, Aizawa made sure to ask his own question.

"I noticed you have a very light weight. Your age explains part of it, but even so it's still too light." Well, the commission might sound super horrible, and that's 201% accurate, but they always made sure their experimental weapons were fed.

They couldn't get better if they didn't have the resources to do so. Food was distributed according to how good you were compared to everyone else. The best got the highest quantity and quality, well if you could even call it quality.

After he escaped from that wretched facility, he had no where to go. He looked like a villain and no one would help him, so why not become one? He had the skills for it, but being a villian didn't get you much food, he was basically starving. Why wasn't he using his abilities, well... the commission would find him. It's still a little too soon since he's escaped.

Of course he couldn't just explain all this to the sleep deprived hero, so he opted for, "I'm a villian, you think I can just casually walk into a store to buy food, let alone have actual money to buy the food?"

Maybe being satisfied, Dabi couldn't tell, Aizawa walked out the door without another word, Tsukauchi following behind him.

Once the door was closed and he was sure no one would overhear them Aizawa turned to Tsukauchi. "What are we supposed to do!? He's a minor who's about the same age as my students! After listening to his response, we can't just put him in jail! We failed him as heroes. We're supposed to be the ones who are there for people when they need help. Not abandon them in their time of need!" Tsukauchi wore the same grave expression on his face.

"I've never had a case quite like this. Even if we wanted to put him in jail, it wouldn't be possible. Obviously he too young, and we don't have his name either. Putting him in jail would conflict with my morals, but he can't exactly go free either. He's committed many crimes and murders, even if it was against his will. We'd need a solution that's both moral, not extremely punishing, and has Dabi under close supervision. Have other heros had any good ideas?"

Aizawa thought for a moment, "A new hero did have this one idea... It was laughed at by many of the other heros, but I think it might work."

"You mean Hawks?...yeah, that would probably work. He'll probably rise up in the rankings soon with a mindset like that. I'll leave you to go over it with Nezu, I've got somewhere I need to be."

"Huh, a villian rehabilitation?

...

Congratulations Aizawa, you have a new student!"