Dorms(7)

( I know this is quite late, but I hope you're having or had happy holidays or a Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it. My gift to you guys is that I will be posting another chapter very soon! Enjoy)

Knock Knock

Dabi snapped out of his thoughts. Someone was at the door. Maybe if he just pretended- the door opened to reveal Aizawa. Never mind, rude much?

"Changed your mind, hero? He drawled out.

Ignoring him, Aizawa walked into the bland room and handed him a blank sheet of paper. The edges were a bit crumpled. He looked at Aizawa asking for an explanation while waving the paper.

"What am I supposed to do with this?"

"It's for a list."

"You're going to need to be a little more specific than that." He scoffed sarcastically, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

Gesturing to his room Aizawa replied.
"You don't have anything for your dorm. The school's allowing you to request items and or materials to use for your room. Be reasonable about it." He handed him a pencil. "I'll be downstairs supervising, don't wander off," Aizawa warned.

Dabi thought for a moment tapping his foot against the floorboards. Even though he knew he was being funded, he didn't really think there were that serious about it. He thought that they would at least feed him. If he had known exactly how UA was going to fund him, he'd already have a plan. After all, time was a precious thing.

This time when he analyzed his dorm, he really looked at it, fitting phantom items in various spots and locations until he was satisfied. Then, he drew up a list.

● Black, electric blue, blue, purple, white, and glow in the dark paint
● Japanese platform bed
● Ebony floorboards
● 4 LED spiral floor lamps
● Dresser
● Wardrobe
● Bookcase
● Desk and chair
● Plants
● Rug
● Black bedding
●Dark blue comforter
● Pillows with dark blue pillowcases

The list contained a few other materials that would be needed like nails, brushes, a hammer, and other supplies. He was totally being reasonable, just the basics. He chuckled at the thought. How much would they be willing to invest in him? He might as well make the most of it.

He was tempted to wander the halls just to annoy Aizawa but decided it'd just be better not to. It was kind of asking a lot to let him anywhere near sharp objects.

Aizawa was supervising his students, mainly Mina, Kamanari, and Sero, but he always made sure to keep a lookout for Midoriya. If he didn't check in on that problem child every 10 minutes, who knows what trouble he'll get into once he's been alone long enough for something to actually happen. It was like every event of any significance revolves around that kid. Speaking of children he needed to be watching, he hasn't seen Dabi in a while.

Now that he thought about it, who even gave him this class to begin with? Usually, there's only supposed to be two or three trouble makers maximum, but the second he leaves, the whole building would burn down with the number of problematic teenagers he has to deal with.

Vlad wasn't having problems with his students getting attacked multiple times, going on a murderous rampage, being targeted for kidnapping, going on secret rescue missions, and breaking their body every other week. Now, he has to watch a villain. He knew it, Nezu was getting back at him for knocking over his tea.

Deciding he's wasted enough time already pondering his misfortune, he abruptly made a 180° turn towards the elevator, only to find Dabi directly behind him! Now he understood what it was like for his students to have him as a teacher. It surprised him, not that he would show it. He has a reputation to keep up and his facial muscles were too tired to be making any other expressions.

Wordlessly, Dabi handed over the paper. He looked over it and narrowed his eyes at the tools he needed.

"You do realize that we can't give you any objects that could potentially threaten the safety of the rest of the students."

Dabi's gaze met his with a challenging stare. "I'm sure you could think of something"

"Heros always make it happen," Dabi rolled his eyes taunting. "No matter the cost." He mumbled the last part, too quiet for Aizawa to hear.

"I'll talk with the principal. Don't try anything." He warned peering at the boy, trying to read him. But it was like watching the news, you only see what they want you to see. Everything else is a mystery.

It was shallow, usually, he can stare into a person's soul through their eyes and he can tell what they're thinking or sense their ulterior motives, that's what made him a great hero- and teacher, but with Dabi, it was blank just beneath the surface.

Villains and criminals couldn't help but reveal the parts of their plans, even if they omitted most of the details because Aizawa was just good at reading people. But Dabi was a different story. Aizawa wasn't getting anything from Dabi, and he did not like that. It's most likely that Dabi is extremely wary and that's the reason it's hard to tell, but he needed to be on high alert.

With the teacher gone, Dabi did the most reasonable thing- climbed out the window and onto the roof. Why? He doubted Aizawa would be back any time soon, and being in his dorm room was suffocating. The other students probably wouldn't be happy to see him. They'd halt all conversation and start whispering to each other as if he couldn't hear them. So that was why the roof was the best choice. It had a pretty good view too, he could spot most of the security cameras... Ok, the landscape was also nice to look at, it's definitely better than a dusty, old alley.

Despite the shock they had that morning, it didn't keep the class 1-A students from having fun while they made a game of decorating their dorms in secret, waiting to reveal their masterpieces to their friends once they're completed. Dodging around corners and darting down the hallways while carrying decorations, only to crash into each other every so often, made a great memory for the heroes in training. Iida of course disapproved of such behavior, but you could tell that even he was having a good time.

Momentarily, they all forgot about the villain lurking somewhere in the dorms, until Iida complained about the lack of a teacher watching over them.

Now that they all thought about it, "Where's Aizawa?" Mina asked.

"What do you mean? Isn't he watching Dabi?" Iida countered.

"Just a moment ago he was hovering over me, Kaminari, and Sero like he was waiting for us to do something. I think he left a couple times, but he was always back before we could relax, he's really intimidating." She replied, sweat dropping at the end.

"Come to think of it, I think it's been about 30 minutes since he was last watching over us," Sero added, poking his head in from the other room.

"Do you think he's ok? What if he went to check up on Dabi and something happened to him!" Mina panicked, jumping around waving her arms.

"Now is not the time to panic," Iida asserted making chopping motions, "this is our sensei we're talking about. I have no doubt that he can handle a villain like Dabi."

"But what if he was taken by surprise?!" She wailed, drawing the attention of the others.

Seeing how worried his classmates were becoming, Iida suggested that if their teacher did not return in 10 minutes, they go search for him.