Trick or Treat - Halloween 2021

As you thanked the person whose door you'd knocked on you turned. Spotting Jason a little down the road with someone. He had seemed to up and vanish from the area which wasn't unusual.

"Jason?" You called as you hurried over. The man he was with glanced your way. They both seemed to freeze and he said something to Jason that made his eyes grow wide. He nodded and the man hurried off while Jason looked over at you.

"(Y/N)! Long time no see." Jason said casually. You smiled and hurried over.

"You're out trick or treating huh?" You asked. You wanted to ask if he was ok. He had a large bruise that you could make out now that you were close. It covered one eye and almost distracted from his split lip.

"Oh no... um yeah... I..." He spluttered. Glancing around he seemed to be looking for someone. Before you could look around as well he quickly spoke up. "I'm not trick-or-treating this year. I'm too old."

"Too old? Jason, come on! You can come with me. You always get the most candy." You exclaimed. He grinned and looked at you with a strange look in his eyes. With a glance at the direction the other man had gone he nodded.

"Yeah. I was good at that, wasn't I? Let's go." He took the pumpkin shaped bucket that you were holding and started leading the way. Despite the fact that he loosened up as the night went on, he never once let on about where he had been, what he was doing that night and why he was covered in bruises.