The gift of Alfred - December 2021

You smiled as you hurried through the Titans building. As you knocked on Rachel and Gar's room you tried to rummage through your bag.

"Hey!" They said cheerfully.

"You're the last gifts to give." You said cheerfully as Rachel opened the door. You handed her the gifts and she smiled.

"I didn't get you anything." She confessed.

"Well with everything going on I didn't expect anyone to get anything. I figured I could cheer people up with all the arguing and the fighting going on." You said cheerfully.

"Hey! I got you something!" Gar insisted as he pulled the door further open and handed you a small wrapped gift.

"Thanks. Enjoy your evening guys. I think the robins are heading back to Gotham so we'll be the only ones left here for a while." You said with a friendly smile.

"I think Connor is staying. He really liked the shirt that you got him and that cute bed for his dog." Rachel said as you rummaged in your bag to check what you had left and stowed your gift from Gar in it.

"That's good. I'll see you later." You said as you cheerfully left them. As you went round the corner you found Jason helping himself to a beer in the kitchen. You haven't managed to find the gift you wanted for Jason or Dick in San Francisco but when you'd mentioned it to Alfred he assured you that they would have their gifts waiting for them under the Wayne house's annual tree.

"What Are you still doing here?" You asked him.

"The plane leaves an hour later than Dick though so I have to wait here until he gets back." He answered. Then he frowned at you and saw your bag. It was a little red felt bag that was decorated like a Santa jacket. "Listen here, Kringle. I may have gotten naughty this year, but by today's standards, naughty's nothing! I didn't get anybody pregnant, I didn't Facebook a kid to death."

"Haha Jason. Your gift is already in Gotham." You said quickly.

"Really!" He sounded surprised as if he'd really thought you'd just missed him and Dick off your list. "How'd you pull that off... Did you tell Alfred?"
"I just asked if he could have someone pick something up if I ordered it from Gotham." You said quickly.

"Did he just go out and get it for you then wrap it?" Jason asked.

"He bought both gifts and had special gift tags with my name printed on them. I still can't figure out how he got my signature for the tags." You admitted. Jason laughed as he took a seat on one of the kitchen bar stools.

"One year. Bruce said we didn't need a tree. Alfred threw the tree out overnight. Well he donated it and all the new decorations. Then he refused to get a new one until Bruce apologised and said he was wrong. Alfred had a new tree with all the old Wayne decorations up in literally five minutes. We were out of the room for just under five minutes. I still don't know how he did it. Dick said it was probably Barry but he would have shown up on the cameras." Jason muttered fondly.