Prompt

Jason was sitting alone in the corner of the training room. The punching bag he must have been practicing on was laying on the floor snapped in two. All you had wanted was to run a little on the treadmill.

Seeing how upset he looked you sighed. He always looked upset after Bruce and Dick hung out together. Dawn said they teamed up and put pressure on Jason to improve. "Hey Jason."

You'd spoken quietly, unsure if he'd snap at you like Rachel said he'd done to her, shortly after Bruce had left.

"Hey." He answered but didn't look up from the spot on the floor he was glaring at. Unsure what to do you fiddled with the zipper on your jacket. Gar had invited you to watch movies on the roof. Donna had helped him set up a projector and curtain while Kori had helped Rachel prepare a feast. Literally. Kori only realised quite how much food she'd made when they ran out of counter space. You'd been helping Dawn and Hank set up some tables and places to sit most of the afternoon when Rachel and Donna started delivering piles of food. Dick had left with Bruce shortly after the two of them yelled at Jason for something he did in Gotham.

You'd already invited Rose and Connor to watch the movies with you and looking at Jason he could use cheering up. Gar had said if he wanted to join that Jason would show up. He'd be the only one bar Dick who hadn't been invited. "Are you coming to watch the movies with us? Kori made some great food!" You offered and smiled when he looked up at you.

Since his return to the tower, from Gotham the night before, you hadn't seen him. He had a few large bruises, a split lip and a black eye, just on his face.

He tried to hide a wince as he stood up. "No. You'll be watching some garbage films."

"Actually we're watching all the old school classics and everyone gets to watch one of their favourites. Kori hasn't been to the cinema before because... you know, space queen! Also Donna is so behind on her movies. Amazonians train more than sit around watching cult classics." You smiled hopefully and he nodded after a long suspicious look at you.

"Fine." He muttered and followed you out and up to the roof. When you got up there they were still sorting everything out. Dawn was on Hank's shoulders stringing lights around. Donna had decided to try and water proof the set up so it could stay up for a few days through the summer.

"Hey guys, Jason's here too." You said awkwardly. Everyone paused for a moment before Kori grinned and rushed over to the two of you.

"Great! You can eat some of the food!" She steered him over to the large table, which looked an awful lot like the heavy kitchen table, and started offering him up food. She gave an excited detail of what each food was and beamed when he muttered that it looked good.

"I don't have much experience with food from earth but Rachel's instructions were very clear." Kori said with a proud smile in Rachel's direction. Rachel went beet read and muttered something about googling recipes.

When Jason sniffled everyone paused and looked at him. He rubbed at his eyes and went to sit by himself with his plate.

"Great, we made him cry. If we keep this up, we're going to scar him for life." Hank muttered as he set Dawn down.

"You guys are being too nice. Is this because of what Bruce and Dick said?" He asked quickly, now scowling.

"No?" You said nervously.

"What'd he say? That you're a dumbass?" Rose asked, playful. She grinned at Jason who rolled his eyes at her as she took a seat.

"Bruce said I'm not being careful enough. That I shouldn't be a Robin. Everything I do gets compared to Grayson and he just laps it up." Jason huffed and frowned as he looked away from your all.

"I'm sure they don't mean it that way." Dawn said as she sat next to him and put a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"They're probably worried about you. You are the youngest and I am sure they don't want you hurt!" Kori smiled as she finished speaking and Jason looked a bit teary eyed but a little happier.

"They just don't want me to be a Robin."

"Kid, you're doing better than Dick than he was at your age." Hank muttered as he grabbed himself some food and sat next to Dawn. You did the same and soon everyone was gathered around waiting for Gar to start the first movie. Jason smiled as the mood lifted and leant forwards to where you'd sat with Rose and Connor.

"Thanks for the invite." He muttered and smiled awkwardly as you turned and smiled back.

"Sure! You're part of the team too. You shouldn't be left out." Turning back to the front you missed Jason giving you a wide eyed look then grin as he realised you were right.