7 | apartment intrusion

CHAPTER 7,

APARTMENT INTRUSION

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE SISTERS remain standing around inside of the apartment while not thinking anything out of the ordinary, especially not when they've been reunited as sisters. Their voices fill the empty rooms as they talk about the personal mission that Natasha had been on. Or how she believes that Dreykov is dead, and that she is the reason as to why. But Clover and Yelena are just showing their disagreements through small hints, hoping that the redhead will soon catch on and realise what they're trying to slyly say.

However, the sound of muffled footsteps from on the rooftop above causes them to immediately halt with their actions. More footsteps can be heard, it being clear that the group of people are travelling above the apartment that they currently stand in. Clover shifts from her place to grab the vials of red dust and the key in case of an emergency. Both of these are then shoved into Yelena's bag with ease.

All of a sudden, an explosion echoes from within the room next to the sisters. Dust particles begin to fly everywhere inside of the apartment as they have now been broken free from their old position. Following the explosion, Widows begin to intrude the building with the bodies encased with armour while weapons are gripped firmly in their hands. Red lasers shine through the dull lighting that's been created, which makes it easier for the Widows to spot movement.

Yelena swiftly grabs ahold of Clovers arm, tugging at it without giving an explanation to why. But Clover trusts her twin sister no matter what, and this is why she allows Yelena to often take the lead on missions, especially ones with reckless and impulsive actions. So, the two blondes sprint across the hallway so that they're able to make their way over to where Natasha is currently hiding behind the painted wall. As this happens, bullets fire from the guns with the aim to embed into the three's skin and eliminate them.

"What the hell are you thinking?" Natasha hisses.

Deciding to ignore the angered and confused older sister, Yelena reaches over the redheads body where the tips of her fingers then graze over an object. The switch is flipped without any warning, which causes a series of explosions to echo throughout each room in the apartment. Dust fills the tense air and makes it even harder to see. Hitched breaths can be heard throughout the rooms as the Widows are caught by surprise, not expecting a plan to already be set. But Clover and Yelena have been careful ever since they were both freed from the mind control, not wanting to risk being brought to the Red Room or get killed.

Using this opportunity to their advantage, the three sisters run forwards from each of the rooms in order to make their way to the front door — it's their only way to escape right now. A few Widows are knocked down along the way, but this is just so that they're not going to be chased along the way and can reduce the amount of Widows hunting them. Due to this, a lot of pained shouts and grunts fill the air. Guns can be heard crashing down to the ground too, followed by their bodies as the pain spreads and worsens.