15 | destruction

CHAPTER 15,

DESTRUCTION

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

EVERYTHING'S BEING DESTROYED. The Red Room is starting to fall once, and for the good of humanity. The building is being set alight due to the explosion of the engine Melina had created, and the structure is failing to the point where large chunks of metal is falling through the sky. Yet, despite what is happening around them all, guards are still shooting on Dreykov's orders and Clover is still fighting back. Unfortunately, the sisters had been separated as the ceiling and floors began to collapse around them.

Clover sprints out of the breaking building as fast as possibly, not wanting to get caught up in the flames and get burnt alive. But as she does this, Yelena can be seen standing on top of the exact helicopter that currently holds Dreykov and his guards inside; each one of them are prepared to evacuate the Red Room and get to safety. A baton is held tightly in Yelena's hand as she stands above one of the propellers that belongs to the aircraft. Chest heaves up and down as she prepares herself to go forwards with this action.

"Lena!" Clover shouts, instantly grabbing her twin sisters attention. "Don't do it!"

"This was a fun journey!" Yelena exclaims with a smile. "Especially since we were free this time."

"Yelena, please!" Clover begs.

"I love you, Ve." Yelena reminds.

The baton is then lifted up into the air before being brought back down again with a harsh force. It gets embedded inside of the propellor, causing it to stop working within an instant. Along with that, a ball of fire erupts into the tense air as another explosion is created. This only sends Yelena's body flying off of the broken helicopter where she then begins to fall through the thick air at an alarming rate. Clovers heart begins to rapidly pound with fear at the mere sight of her twin now falling to her death.

"Clo!" Natasha calls as she throws a parachute to the blonde. "Get Yelena!"

Clover doesn't hesitate (not even for a second) to go and chase after her sister. The blonde holds onto the parachute as tight as she possibly can, clutching it close to her chest in order to avoid it from slipping out of her grip. Leaping off of the breaking bridge, Clover now finds herself free falling through the air. She tries her best to weave past the metal objects that are continuing to fall around them, needing to ensure that Yelena will be okay — Clover refuses to let that be the last time she'll ever speak to her twin.