𝐢𝐢. 𝐦𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢

**𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞, 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞**

𝐢𝐢. 𝐦𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢

|𝐃𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤|

It wasn't often Ranpo found himself confused about something. In fact, he hadn't really been unable to figure something out since he was a child, and his ability was untrained and volatile. It wasn't like that now though his glasses were tied directly to his ability meaning all he had to do was put them on and he could uncover everyone's deepest darkest secrets - like the fact the President has a calico cat named Sato that he would kill for and that he refuses to tell anyone about or that Akiko named her weapons. Isn't that so adorable? The sadistic doctor naming her weapons after flowers. Her chainsaw's name is Buttercup.

(That's actually kind of terrifying. Imagine being mangled by a chainsaw named Buttercup. Not all that scary until you think about the woman wielding it. That's when shit gets real.)

But now as Ranpo sat, a marshmallow between his teeth, the family-sized bag held in his hand and his chair spinning around, glasses resting on the bridge of his nose while Ranpo slowly - his ability was never slow. What was happening? - worked his way through the trickiest puzzle of information he'd ever come across. He couldn't for the life of him understand why his ability was taking so long to work through this when the other happenings of today were so clear to him. Crystal clear but with blurred edges meaning that whatever he couldn't see was arriving with the weretiger today and would continue to be near for a while.

Most would call this foresight but Ranpo is a man of genius and reason, not fortune telling gimmicks. He compiles facts and logic to create his predictions, visions of what is to come is not part of the package. Creation of what, logically, will happen on the other hand is. Although it is pretty insane what he can uncover with only the barest and vaguest of information.

At least he has a few facts. The person - Ranpo is certain it will be a person, a male specifically - would arrive in Yokohoma later that day due to unknown means. The man would then come across the weretiger - Nakajima Atsushi - and then following that Dazai and Kunikida.

The man would probably be involved with the trio for the following hours until midnight and then. . . then Ranpo had no idea. He had two possibilities in mind. One, the man would join the Agency alongside the tiger. This is the preferred option. Two, the man would leave and cause chaos - not the malicious sort, thankfully. While not terrible, Ranpo would feel better if he had the man that could cheat his ability, when even Dazai couldn't, close so he could find out how.