Chapter 21 - Going Home

Well, everyone, this is the last chapter before the epilogue! Yeah, I know, everyone hates goodbyes and endings. I really, really hope you all enjoyed this story! I appreciated all the views!

Something fun: A song that I found that is perfect for Mandy and Thomas is Jordan Sparks ft. Chris Brown - No Air. Since Mandy and Thomas can't live without each other, this song describes them to a tee. Whenever I listen to this song now, I think of them.

So, a bit of history here, this story started out not nearly as long when I first wrote it a few years ago, and I added a few extra chapters and more detail. Honestly, Mandy was a mirror of myself since I have orange-ish hair and my first name is similar to hers, as well as my last name (at least my maiden name was—I wrote this story before I got married XD). I guess I just tried to imagine what it would be like if I was transported into one of my favorite TV shows. I really hope you all were like me and imagined what it would be like to be thrown into the world of Downton Abbey!

Now, without further ado, here is the last chapter ~

~ ~ ~

The whole of downstairs and upstairs were a chatter with the new news of Thomas's and Mandy's engagement. Since Thomas worked at Downton for about a decade, the family wanted to do something special for him and have the wedding be in the Downton's gardens, and the reception in the main hall. It reminded Mandy of when Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes get married and the family insists that they get married at Downton.

"I'm so glad that you got everything sorted out," Anna said as she and Mandy were in the village looking at material for dresses four days after Mandy accepted Thomas's proposal. "I knew that you would chose Thomas since I sense all along that you loved him."

Mandy looked up at her as she fingered some white lacy veil material, her eyes wide. "You knew that and didn't say anything? You just let me go off on my own and hurt both Thomas and Matthew as I was trying to decide which to chose?"

She shrugged a shoulder. "I wanted you to figure it out for yourself, but... it seems that Mrs. Crawley gave you a little push. At least you are marrying the man you love and who truly loves you."

"Yeah... I just wish you could do the same. I feel that something will happen between you and Mr. Bates."

Anna handled the same lacy white material Mandy held. "That makes me glad. I really hope you are right."

Mandy smirked, knowing that Mr. Bates and Anna get married and eventually have a baby... but there is a lot of hardship that they have to endure until then. "I feel that I am."

She and Mandy walked out of the material shop after putting in an order for Mandy's wedding dress to be made. She never thought that she would plan her wedding back in the early 1900s, and in a completely different reality.

They passed the main square and started onto the road that led back to the hospital. Anna asked as they walked n the sunlight, "Is it awkward still living with Mr. Crawley at the Crawley House?"

"Yeah, it is, but... Matthew's happy for me. He and Mary seem to be on the road to a relationship, judging from what they were talking about the other day before the luncheon. I heard yesterday as I was eating breakfast that he and Mary are going on a little outing around the estate."

"Is that so? Well, knowing that he still loves Lady Mary, I think they are on their way to romance. Finally, if you ask me."

"Tell me about it." Mandy was so anxious for them to hook up in the show. Now that she was engaged and Matthew was just a friend, she watched their relationship blossom in person. How awesome that was!