Beginnings

18 years ago

Zatanna Zatara stared into the mirror. More specifically at her stomach.

"You need to stop hating yourself

"You need to stop hating yourself. So you and the bat hooked up. Big whoop. No need to beat yourself up" this voice came from the houses resident ghost. Boston Brand, also known as Deadman.

"That's not it Boston" Zatanna replied before sighing

"That's not it Boston" Zatanna replied before sighing. She wasn't sure if she wanted to tell him, but she knew he'd have to find out eventually. "I'm-I'm pregnant"

"Oh. Oh!" The ghost didn't know how to reply.

"You could be a bit more comforting" the girl replied as she tried not to cry. She was still young, barely even into her twenties, she didn't want this.

"Sorry, I was just surprised" the ghost replied before putting a hand on her shoulder, not that she could feel it. "Everything will be fine Z, this kid'll be awesome. You can even teach him magic, I'm sure Constantine'll help too"

Zatanna looked at Boston like he was an idiot. "You really think John should be allowed near a kid?" She asked with a small laugh.

"Good point" Boston replied with a smile. He was glad she was still in a decent enough place that she could still make jokes.

Now

"Mom!" A voice yelled as Zatanna groaned and opened her eyes. Even at 17 her kid was still waking her up with his screaming.

"What is it?" Zatanna replied as she used her magic to dress herself.

"I think the house is messing with me again. I've been walking down this same hallway for the past half an hour" Zatanna glared at the wall, letting the house know she wasn't amused. "Thanks mom! Whatever you did worked"

"No problem honey" Zatanna replied before picking up her top hat and placing it on her head. She then exited the room and walked to the kitchen. Standing in front of the refrigerator stood her son, (y/n). "Got anything exciting planned for today?" Zatanna asked as she sat down at the table.

"Besides stand around the house? Nope" (y/n) replied as he picked out a bowl of strawberries and closed the refrigerator. He then sat across from his mother.