Page 1

(D1) Daisy

                     Daisy is a British Railways class 101 Diesel Multiple Unit, built from 1956 - 1959 by Metro-Cammel for use on commuter trains on British railway's many regions, replacing elderly steam engines on the duty. Daisy was one of 339 units sent to the Tyneside area for service on the Newcastle to Middlesbrough route, and gaining her vain nature after a fitter working at Gateshead TMD fed her ego, telling her never to pull any wagons, and calling her highly sprung, this would greatly annoy many steam and diesel engines alike, who could all agree that these new Metro-Cammel DMU's were going to be a handful. In the summer of 1960, the NWR would put Daisy on trial,(covering for Thomas after a  firelighter sent him running into the stationmasters house), and after a few issues brought on by her stubbornness, and laziness, Daisy was purchased outright in 1961, and became the first official Diesel purchased by the NWR, (being followed swiftly by (D2) Boco mere months later), sometime in the 70's, Daisy would begin running a service connecting the Ffarquhar branchline to the Harwick branchline. When Daisy first arrived, she was painted a dark shade of green, with yellow lining. Being a 4 car set, Daisy's time being based at Ffaquhar MPD was relatively busy, as the fame of the books, and the arrival of a new engine, caused a surge in tourists and passengers, however, after being assigned a  route between Harwick and ffaquhar, Daisy can be found at either MPD's on the lines, primary starting at Ffarquhar for her early morning services.