Chapter Three: "New Encounters"

He said to meet him at the school, I am here so why don't I see him? Where is Sal? I guess I'll just put headphones in and listen to my music until he's here.

"Y/N GET UP" I feel a slight pain in my side as I hear the voice

"Jesus Christ what the hell?!" As I open my eyes I see Sal directly in front of my face.

I feel a harsh pull on my wrist as I start getting yanked forward. Why is he pulling me?! How dumb is he?

"Sorry y/n, just needed to wake you up a little bit." Sal says, laughing.

"You didn't need to pull me that hard...dumbass" I said under my breath.

"Just be quiet and come with me" Sal spoke in a slight whisper.

Everything felt weird. Where was Sal taking me? He seems weird, what is he hiding underneath that mask? Why does he even wear it? He probably has a reason that I don't need to know and I'll respect that.

"We're almost there, Y/N" Sal said with his eyes on me, or what I thought seemed like he was staring at me.

"Why are we in the woods? Are you kidnapping me?" I asked sarcastically

"What no, I'm not like that. Plus I'm still basically a kid" Sal said quickly.

"Dude chill out, I was only being sarcastic, no need to get worked up over it" I laugh slightly.

As we walked to the exact place, Sal seemed to be getting a little more comfortable having me around. I hope it hadn't been too rude when I asked about his mask before..maybe I should apologize to Sal. No, it wasn't my fault. It never has and never will be my fault.

We soon arrived at someone's house. The house seemed nicer compared to the apartment complex that me and mom lived in. This town felt extremely screwed up. The energies of everyone and everything here weren't right. It seems everyone here has a horrible background to them. What was that conversation that Sal and Larry had been having the second time I had encountered them? Maybe that's why I seemed intrigued by them, probably not but maybe.

"Sal where exactly are we?" I looked at him with a confused look.

"Oh, do you think this is where we're going?" Sal spoke with a hint of laughter in his voice.

"I mean we kind of stopped here so I just figured..." My words started slightly drifting off as a girl with brown hair and these really beautiful green eyes. Of course I'm not into her, I haven't even met her yet. She's really beautiful though...

"Hey Sally!" The girl seemed excited to see Sal, they must be together or something.

"Hey Ash, this is Y/N. They are new to the apartments" Sal took a glance at me and then hugged the girl. I can't believe Sal was shorter than the girl, it was kind of hilarious watching Sal hug her.

"So um..why did you want me to come along with you exactly?" I asked while staring directly at Sal.

"Oh right! I wanted to bring you to meet Ash and Todd, this is Ash. Todd is at the apartments because he lives there as well" Sal spoke in a more "smiley" tone of voice.

His energy still felt weird, I still can't figure out why, it just seemed off. Maybe if I start hanging out with him more, I'll figure it out. I can do anything...I think?

"What are you doing, Y/N? Are you going to come with us?" Sal turned his head around to look at me.

"Um..actually I think I need to head to the school to grab some papers for my mom to get me in there, I'll see you guys later" I started walking towards the school and I felt a hand grab my arm.

"Y/N, the school is this way" I turned around to see Ash holding my arm and laughing a little bit.

"Oh ok, whoops I guess?" I pulled my arm away from Ash's grip, turning a little bit flushed

As I started walking towards the school I kept thinking about Ash. She was so pretty. I don't need to be thinking about any girls or guys right now. Plus I'm sure that Sal and Ash are together..I shook my head and walked into the office.

"You must be...Y/N right?" I heard a voice speak in a deeper tone.

"Yeah..do you have my papers for my mom by any chance?" I stood awkwardly fidgeting with my thumbs.

"Yes, I do. Let me go grab them really quick and I will be right back" He quickly smiled at me and started looking through the drawers on the table.

"Ah, here they are..! Now, I hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend, I'll see you on Monday!" He smiled again as I started walking out of the school.

As I walked out of the door, I went to reach onto my neck, where I usually placed my headphones when I had them off, and they weren't there.

"Damn I must've left them at the apartments.." I sighed and started walking back to the apartments

It's getting dark...I should start walking quicker. When I finally got back, Larry was standing against the wall, his eyes closed. I started walking over.

"Hey Larry. Don't you think it's kind of cold?" I asked, reaching into my pocket only to find that my Ipod and earbuds were with me instead of my headphones

"Yeah, I know." He looked at me with a sort of depressing look.

"Here, sit down" I grabbed my Ipod out of my pocket and put one of the earbud pieces in my head and held out the other one for Larry to use.

When he put the piece in his ear, I moved myself a little bit closer to him. The look he had before started to fade.

Time passed much quicker than I thought it had. I tried to shake Larry to wake him up but he didn't want to wake up so I decided to smack him on the knees hard enough to where instead of him getting up, he decided it was a great idea to punch me in the face

"Dude! Why would you do that!" Larry shouts while I'm sitting there with a bloody nose.

"You wouldn't wake up you dumbass!" I shout back at him

"Well you could've just-
Oh shit dude are you alright?! What happened?!" He took a glance at the blood on my hands from my nose.

"Man, I wonder what happened! You totally didn't punch me really aggressively in the face!" I say sarcastically

Larry tried to look for something for me to wipe my hands and face off, I just wiped it off on my sweater.

Editor Note: I'm sorry I haven't gotten this uploaded, I've been busy at school and a lot of other things. I'll start trying to get a new chapter out every week! I've been doing better recently and I think I can start doing this again :D