CHAPTER 8

It's so difficult to stay away from the person whom you love the most. My eyes are now watery. Soon, I find myself to be embraced in a tight hug. I can't see the face clearly but I know it's Mr. Charles.

" Charles"

" Don't cry , Emma. I'm here with you." 

Mr. Charles shouldn't have brought me here. This place looks exactly the same to the one where Trevor and I had gone for our first date. So many memories .... I mean so many memories.  How am I going to control myself now? 

" Emma, stop crying. Let's go home." Home? Which place should I call home now?

" Let's go." I nod in response.  I have no words now. I'm so mentally down .

Mr. Charles leads me to his car and opens the door of his car for me. I get in and make myself seated . He soon starts the engine and most of our drive remains silent.

" Can you tell me the reason why you broke down?" He asks me .

" Uhmm ... I don't know what to say." How can I explain to him? It's impossible.

" Is ... is it about ... about Trevor?"

How come has he got to know about Trevor? Who has told him about Trevor ? Lindsey? She is the only one who knows about Trevor here. I have to talk to her about this matter. 

" How .. I mean who has told you about it?"

" Emma, that is really not important now. What important now is that you are suffering. I know it's hard for you to move on but you have to... I don't know if I'm sounding rude now but you must atleast try . Lots of men are here around you."

Who the hell is he? I know I have to move on but I really don't like it when someone advises me , especially about Trevor. Lots of men are around me, I know but they are not like Trevor. Trevor is different .... He's different.

" I really don't know who has told you about him but I don't like to talk about him with anyone."

" Anyone? Am I counted in  too ?" 

" Whenever I say everyone then everyone including YOU is mentioned." I rather say this to him in a bossy way.

" You have spoken in a way which is  unknown to me. From whom did you learn ?" Has not he gone crazy? This is exactly the way he speaks.

" I have learnt this from you ." He has become silent again. I guess he has understood.

But Trevor? I just want him  to be happy . I don't even expect him to come back to me but I still have a part of me which wants him back. That restaurant has reminded me of the memories. And most importantly, Mr. Charles has got to know about him. It's a total mess now. I just hope that he doesn't ask me anymore about him.

" What is today's date?" I ask him. I want to pen it down in my diary today. It has been so long since I have written anything in diary.

" Umm it's 19th today but why?"  He says to me while focusing on the road.

19th of October .... Isn't it the day where all the college students of our badge have a reunion ? I've never got an invitation though. I think in the first reunion I just barged in without any invitation just to catch a glimpse of Trevor but he wasn't there. All insulted me. Including Sofia. How can I even forget the sexual assault caused to me by Sofia's boyfriend?!

FLASHBACK

9 YEARS AGO

How can they forget about me? Am I not worthy of attending the reunion?