𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. and so the madness begins.

꧁—— ❦ ——꧂

꧁—— ❦ ——꧂

"I don't believe it!" Ron said in a stunned voice, as the Hogwarts students filed back up the steps behind the Durmstrang party. "Krum, Harry! Viktor Krum!"

"For heaven's sake, Ron, he's only a Quidditch player!" Hermione sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Only a Quidditch player?" Ron gasped with such intensity, Harry was certain Hermione had just stepped on his toes, "Hermione — he's one of the best Seekers in the world! I had no idea he was still in school!"

As they recrossed the Entrance Hall with the rest of the Hogwarts students heading towards the Great Hall, Harry saw Lee Jordan jumping up and down on the soles of his feet to get a better look at the back of Krum's head. Several sixth-year girls were frantically searching their pockets as they walked — 'Oh, I don't believe it, I haven't got a single quill on me' — 'D'you think he'd sign my hat in lipstick?'

"Really." Hermione said loftily as they passed the various girls, who were now squabbling over the lipstick.

Ron straightened his shoulders, nodding, "I'm getting his autograph if I can. You haven't gotten a quill, have you, Harry?"

"Nope, they're upstairs in my bag." Harry gave him an apologetic look, mentally berating himself.

They walked over to the Gryffindor table and sat down. Ron took care to sit down on the side facing the doorway, because Krum and his fellow Durmstrang students were still gathered around it, seemingly unsure about where they should sit; the students from Beauxbatons had chosen seats at the Ravenclaw table, and were looking around the Great Hall with glum expressions. Three of the students were still clutching scarves and shawls tightly around their heads, slightly shivering.

"It's not that cold." Hermione irritably said, intently watching them. "Why didn't they bring cloaks?"

Harry turned his gaze upon them, shrugging, "I doubt it gets cold in France like it does here, and if Madame Maxime hadn't warned them about the cold, why would they think to bring cloaks?"

"Hmph, well I think that's just careless —"

"Over here! Come and sit over here!" Ron suddenly hissed, nudging Hermione's side, "Over here! Hermione, budge up, make a space —"

"What?"

"Too late." Ron bitterly replied.

Viktor Krum and the present Durmstrang students had seated themselves at the Slytherin table. Harry could see Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle looking very smug about this as he watched Malfoy lean forwards to speak to Krum.

"Yeah, that's right, smarm up to him, Malfoy." Ron scorned, "I bet Krum can see right through him, though... bet he gets people fawning over him all the time... where d'you reckon they're going to sleep? We could offer him a space in our dormitory, Harry... I wouldn't mind giving him my bed, I could kip on a camp-bed."