Volume 1: Chapter 1 The Calling Beginning of Shinigami

Takato's P.o.V: (16 years Later)

*Drip*

*Drip*

*Drip*

I opened my eyes to the sounds of dripping water only to be shocked to see I was no longer in my room. Instead I was some sort of lake.. below a bunch of pillars of sort of sunken structure could be seen. Where am I? How did I get here? And more importantly.... why was I here? Before I could get another thought out.. a voice called out to me?

Monsterous tone: "You have finally come......" A blinding bright light shine behind me as I hold my own against the massive Reiatsu behind me. I slowly begin to turn as I begin to squint and cover myself... Thru the light I could see some sort of massive creature surrounding itself by this light... I look on awe as a pair of massive blue glowing eyes stare right back at me..

"Call my name....." The massive creature asked as it's massive wings covers it's body.

I looked at it confused... as I just met him... "W-who are you?" I asked hoping that he would give me some clarity of this situation...

The Massive creature merely stares at me: "I....am-" It spoke but nothing came out as if something was preventing me from learning his name "I... am-" *once again...I couldn't hear it*

The Bright light begins to engulf him as I cover my eyes. "Wait who are you?!" I called out hoping to learn about this creature.. However instead of an answer all I could hear was the sound of the Creature letting out a mighty roar as he vanishes.

I reach out to the ceiling shouting out: "W-WAIT!!" I begin to breathe heavily staring at the ceiling. I look around confused only to realized I was in my bedroom. I sit up and rubbed my face... it was all a dream? No that can't be right....it felt too damn real..

Mom: *calling from offscreen* "Takato? Is everything okay in there?" *I look over to the door of my room* 

"Y-yeah e-everything is fine!" I called out.

Isane: *offscreen* "Okay, anyways I made breakfast!"

"Okay I'll be right there!" I said as I get up from my sleeping mat and begin to stretch my body... I soon went to the bathroom to wash myself off and get dressed... as I did I couldn't help but think about the dream I had... What was that mysterious creature? And why did it come to me at all? Could it be? Nah... I never even got my hands on a Zanpakutō (Soul Cutter)

Anyways I quickly get changed and walk over to the living room. There I see Mom setting down breakfast down on the dining table.

 There I see Mom setting down breakfast down on the dining table

I smile to see my mom.. despite being the Lieutenant of the 4th Division. She would always find time for me.. Always working hard for the both of us.

"Morning Mom.." Mom looks up and give me a warm smile as I take my seat.

Mom: *sweet and gentle tone* "Good Morning Takato." *takes her seat* 

The two of us grab ahold of our chopsticks and claps our hand together: "Itadakimasu!"

 The two of us began to eat as they ate Mom asked: "So ready for your first day in Shinōreijutsuin?" (Spiritual Arts Academy)

I merely nodded .. How could I forget about today? Man I was I excited for the Academy.. I mean sure I knew a lot about the three military arms of the Soul Society. And sure learning ain't the most exciting thing. But hey I will at least make new friends, right?

Mom: *smiles with joy and pride*"Oh I can't believe, my baby boy is already growing up so fast!"

"I guess.." As I take another bite of my food as I ate...I had only one thought in my mind. I cannot tell her about my dream that I had. Mainly because she has be quite over protective ever since I was a baby... so if I told her about it... She may go into a panic...

(Timeskip):

I walk out of the house putting on my shoes before heading toward Academy. But I was heading out I see Auntie Unohana waiting in the front.

"Oh Auntie Unohana"*I bow my head towards her* "Good morning!" 

Unohana: *bows her head back* "Good Morning Little Taka." Unohana walks up to me and begins to pat my head... Jeez even when I grown taller she still treats me like I'm a kid.. "So heading out to the Academy?" 

I nodded my head: "Yup!" 

Unohana: "Well you better hurry! The Entrance Exam is about to start soon!"

"Right!" I replied as Mom walks out. "Welp I should be off!" Turns back to my Mom: "See yah later Mom!" I quickly dash off using flash-step to the academy.

3rd P.o.V:

Isane: *smiles waving* "Have a fun time at the Academy!" 

Unohana: *looks over to Isane giggling* "I surprised he wanted to go to the Academy.. with his current level of skill!"

Isane: *looks over her Captain* "Well he told me he didn't want to take any shortcuts...besides" *think at the camera changes to the Takato moving in closer to the Academy* "This will be a good opportunity to make some new friends!"