Volume 1 Chapter 10: More than my Weapon

Kiyone P.o.V:

"TAKATO!!" I call out in a worried tone. Where could that boy run off to this time?! Of course, the one day Captain Ukitake feels a lot better is the day Takato hasn't been seen all day. Seriously, we have everyone looking for him including the Captain himself. What could he be doing at this time?!

Kaien: *calls out* "Oi, Kiyone!" I look over to see Lieutenant Shiba flash step next to me. " You find anything?"

I shake my head: "Nothing not even a single trace." Kaien rubs his head in pure annoyance.

Kaien: *annoyed tone* "That kid always finding a way to cause some trouble." *He lets out a sigh of irritation before getting ready to continue the search* "Come on!" *He flash steps away and I quickly follow suit*

3rd P.o.V: 

Deep within a hidden cavern nearby the Soul Society, the sounds of roars,  explosions and metal clanging could heard from within. The scene cuts to a giant massive dust cloud filling the entire cave. Takato (with a Zanpakuto in right hand) appears from the massive dust cloud sliding back as if he was knocked back with intense force. 

Within the massive smoke cloud, a pair of blue glowing eyes appears can be seen staring down the Soul Reaper.  Slowly it begins to rise before taking to the sky, revealing Takato's opponent to be his Zanpakuto: Chujitsuna Hikari  letting out a mighty roar towards his master.

Lighting began to gather from the mighty maw of Chujitsuna Hikari straight towards his partner. In response Takato quickly began to grip onto his weapon as same surging white color began to gather  thru it. Both Zanpakuto and Shinigami let out their respected battle cry before unleashing their attacks.

(Takato's swinging his sword before unleashing a massive concentrated energy stream from his attack) 

The two destructive burst streams collide with each other causing a massive explosion between the two destroying the entire area around them as they don't let up their attacks. Suddenly Chujitsuna Hikari suddenly vanishes reverting into a Tenshintai (Divine Transfer Body) before falling onto the ground causing  with Chujitsuna Hikari now it's sword form stuck within it.

 Suddenly Chujitsuna Hikari suddenly vanishes reverting into a Tenshintai (Divine Transfer Body) before falling onto the ground causing  with Chujitsuna Hikari now it's sword form stuck within it

Takato begins to pants heavily which the Zanpakuto in his hand vanishes. He begins to walk over to his weapons before sitting down besides it. 

Takato: *pants heavily as he sits beside his weapon* "Damn ran out of time..." *looks over to Chujitsuna Hikari with a smile on his face* "Heh that Tenshintai is probably the one way to really this kind of training."

Chujitsuna Hikari: *V.O* "Hm indeed..... Master Takato... how are your injuries?

Takato: *holds his bruised right wrist revealing that it is healing from a faint green light* "Heh already healing with Kaido. (Healing Spiritual Arts). Also I told stop calling me Master."

Chujitsuna Hikari: *confused tone* "I see nothing wrong with calling you Master.. After all I am your weapon and your loyal servant. Your Zanpakuto. I don't see a problem."

Takato: "Yeah..and it's weird to me..." *Takato glances over to the cave ceiling* "Besides.. I don't see you as just my weapon... in fact you are more then that..." *The scene changes showing Chujitsuna Hikari in his Dragonic form lying down curled up from Takato's mindscape as he listens to his master's voice.* "Growing up in the Seireitei isn't all that... I mean some dream of having a life I have.. which I am grateful. But... sometimes it would get very lonely... Since everyone around is usually an adult and won't have time to listen or even play with it.... So it's pretty comforting to know that I have someone that is there.... and listen... You know? And not only that.. I probably one of the few soul reaper who can actually fight alongside my weapon on the physical plain and not just a sword." *The dragon slowly looks down into the water looking at his reflection.* "You are more than just my weapon Chujitsuna Hikari. You are my partner.... a part of me...a part of the family.* "The mighty beast's eyes widen in shock at what he just heard Takato just said especially the last part*  "Yah know?"

Chujitsuna Hikari remains silent before laying his head down as the scene cuts back to Takato, who pulls out a water bottle and drinks some water.

Chujitsuna Hikari: *V.O snickering a bit* "Now who is the silly one here?" *Takato and Chujisuna Hikari begin to laugh as they rested before resuming there training*

(Timeskip)

The scene cuts to the sun setting down for the evening as the Captain of the 13th division: Captain Jushiro Ukitake is seen walking around looking for the missing Soul Reaper.

As he continue to look around the area, he soon spots Takato Kotetsu sound asleep on a side of a tree. hugging his sheathed Zanpakuto. The captain leaps down besides the sleeping soul reaper and quickly notices how dirty his  Shihakusho is. 

Ukitake: *chuckles smiling a bit* "Well you seem to be quite peaceful." *He coughs a bit before he carries Takato on his back causing Takato to stir* "Up you go..."

Takato: *tired mumble is in sleepy daze* "Unki-ukitake don't push yourself..."

Ukitake: "chuckles* "That's funny coming from you Takato..." *walks back to 13th division*  "You know made ever quite worried.. You went out to search for you..."

Takato: *yawning was about to fall back asleep* "Sorry Unki-ukitake... Just want to get to know my Zanpakuto better..and train..."

Ukitake: "Heh I can tell.. but next time please let someone know okay?" *hears snoring behind him he glances over to Takato whome had fallen back asleep which he couldn't help but smirk* "Heh... you may have grown alot but your personality hasn't changed at all Takato."

(To be Continued)