Volume 1: Chapter 5: Aftermath

Takato P.o.V:

I slowly begin to stir from my unconscious state.. as my sight slowly begins to return. I had once again found myself in my mindscape again... The sound of water dripping was the only thing I could hear in the ancient sunken room. I slowly begin to sit up and look around trying to recall what had happened....

I remembered... I was in the world of the living with my class.... We were all attacked by a massive group of hollows... And.. our Senpais... I couldn't help but shed tears for the lost... Kanizawa-Senpai... and Aoga-Senpai... 

Chujitsuna Hikari: *V.O* "You are shedding tears for others.." I look around and then see a massive white dragon laying on the ground behind me before raising it's head* "Why is that? I was unaware you knew those people?" 

I merely stared at the beast slowly remembering.. that this creature before me was my Zanpakuto: Chujitsuna Hikari. 

"I-it's not like that... it's just... I don't know...... It's just that... They didn't deserve to die yet... So many lives lost.. if only I learned your name faster...I could have..."

Chujitsuna Hikari: *in calm tone and reassuring tone* "You did what you could... and no one will blame you for what happened Master..." *I look up to Chujitsuna Hikari who lies himself down* "Besides.. there are somethings in life, no one cannot control after all.. It is whether or not

"I... I guess.." I responded unsure... he does have a point... but: "Are...you sure you are my Zanpakuto?"

This causes Chujitsuna Hikari to let out a low chuckle: "I am quite sure.... You are much more stronger and smarter than you think. As I said once... before you mustn't allow your doubt to cloud your judgement...

I was feeling a little better... from my Zanpakuto's words. I guess... I'm lucky to have a partner like him... 

"Thank you... Chujitsuna Hikari... for everything." I turn to face him properly before bowing my head in front of him* "I hope I'll make a good enough partner that can surpass you expectations..."

Chujitsuna Hikari: *lets out a huff for a sigh* "I'm sure you will..." *But before I could say anything more, I am suddenly begin to fade away* 'Hm it would seem you are waking up now..."

"O-oh I see well! Hope we can talk again!" Before I knew it I am surrounded by a bright light, my vision begins to fade and Chujitsuna Hikari faded from  my sight.

3rd P.o.V:

Takato's vision begins to come back to him and the first thing he notices... was the ceiling above him. The white haired teen was a bit dazed for a moment as he slowly turns his head at the sound of movement next to him. There he see his mother, who was putting away some medicine back into a cabinet. 

Takato: *lets out a raspy mumble, which catches his mother's attention* "Mom...." *His mother turns her attention to her son, who just quietly stares at him*

.

.

.

Isane: *immediately pulls her son into a hug as tears of joy run down her face* "My baby!!!" *Takato is seen blushing with embarrassment a bit before she pulls away* "Are you hurt? Did a-"

Takato: "I'm okay mom.... I could use something to drink.. My throat is a bit dry..." 

Isane: *smiles a bit* "Oh thank goodness.." *gets him and pours him a cup of tea* "When I heard you and your entire class was attacked! I was so scared and when I saw you unconscious on the ground!" *becomes a nervous scared wreck, which Takato was trying to calm her down*

Takato: "Mom... I'm alright! Don't worry...' *rubs his throat as he could his throat was slowly beginning to crack a bit before Isane hands him the cup of tea* "Thank you.." *takes the tea and takes a sip before looking down* "So... how long was I out?"

Isane: "You were out of at least one day... Everyone of your classmate were worried about you... I...heard that you took down everyone of the Hollows by yourself in a single attack..."

Takato: "Yeah... well... technically it was me and my Zanpakuto.." *takes a sip of tea before turning his head and sees Chujitsuna Hikari still in it's Shikai form. His mother looks over and proudly smiles*

Isane: "I was amazed when I first saw your Shikai... You were holding onto it like your life depended on it!" *Takato is seen smiling a bit* "So what is it's name?"

Takato: "Oh, his name.. is Chujitsuna Hikari!"

Isane: *makes herself a cup of tea* "Faithful Light.... I'd say that's a fitting name for your Zanpakuto." *sips her own tea* "Oh right... I should let the others know that you finally woken up!" *puts down her cup* "Do you need anything else?" *Takato shakes his head* "Okay.." *gets up and walks out of the room for a moment* "Call me if you need anything okay?"

Takato: "Okay.. mom..' *And with that Isane flashsteps out of the room, leaving Takato alone. He lets out a sigh as he gets up and walks over to his Zanpakuto and places his hand on the side of Chujitsuna Hikari's blade thinking* 'You really are one amazing sword!' *smiles* 'I wonder what life has in store next' 

But as he thinks that he hears a loud crash outside of the room... causing to jump a bit. He walks out to see Renji, Rukia, Hinamori and Izuru outside dogpiled on top of each other. 

Needless to say Takato was a bit surprised: "Uh..." *the group looks over to their friend*

Izuru, Renji, Rukia, Hinamori: *sees Takato and immediately smiles* "TAKATO YOU'RE AWAKE!" *Immedately they go in to welcome their classmate but... howevr Izuru trips over causing everyone to fall ontop of each other while the white haired teen quickly moves out of the way*

Izuru: *faceplanted* "Ow..." *Takato lets out a nervous laugh as screen turns to black*