Chapter 6: THE BIG SURPRISE

When it was finally Saturday morning Laura and her three best friends went to the beach to cool off from the sun. "I don't know about you three but I'm going in the water". "Hey umm does anyone feel something weird on their legs because I do"? Asks Laura. Then they nod at her.When they all looked down to see what happened to them they see fish tails on them. "Ok I'm really freaking out now because I have a fish tail that is green". Says Lilly trying to move in the water. "Well I don't know about you three but I'm getting out of here". Says Angel trying to swim back to shore, and all three of them follow her. When they were able to get out of the water their tails disappear and their legs come back.
When Sunday came Laura got up and went to the beach when she got there she realized that if she goes into the water a fish tail will appear on her. "Well it's worth a shot to see if I'm able to swim with a tail". When she runs into the water her mermaid tail comes and she tries to swim. Thankfully she was able to swim with the tail and when she went underwater she noticed that she was able to breath underwater for 20 minutes. And since she has a mermaid tail she decides to stay in the water for a couple more minutes. When she lifted her left hand out of the water she noticed that she made the water move around her and she smiles. When she got out of the water she tried to find a way to dry herself when she puts her hand on her tail she sees smoke and in 2 minutes her tail was gone. When I got to school I see my three best friends at the door waiting for me. "So Laura we tried to call you yesterday it you didn't answer. Why? Asks Lilly surprised. "Oh well let's just say I went back to the beach I was able to swim with the mermaid tail. And also when I was underwater I was breathing which really surprised me. And when you go underwater, you'll be able to breathe for 20 minutes, and the last thing is that I  can make the water move. "Says Laura whispering to her friends on the way their lockers before the bell rang for school.