paperwork

"Oi Dazai!" Kunikida yelled angrily, "I've been going through your paperwork and they have been poorly done."

Dazai was sitting in his chair, his feet perched on the tabletop and his arms crossed behind his head, "yeah, yeah," he waved Kunikida off and put his headphones back on, listening to his absurd song about suicide.

Kunikida clenched his fists in anger before turning back to everyone else. "The president wants all of you to update your papers incase something happens," Kunikida says.

The papers are to keep track of some major things in their employee's lives, including marital status, emergency contact, and address. 

"Kunikida-kun, I doubt anything has changed for us." Yosano sighed, she also wasn't fond of paperwork.

"I know, Yosano-sensei, but the president would like use the look over them, he also said we need to get our partner to come in and sign some papers."

"Partners?"  Kenji asked, "I don't think anyone here married."

At this, Dazai perked up, no one noticed though. They were all looking over the files Kunikida just handed out. Dazai sighed and started to fill his out. Soon after, everyone has finished and Kunikida looked over them. 

"Dazai, your married?" He asked, shock in his voice.

All the detectives froze, it was Atsushi who first moved. He laughed, others soon joined, laughter filled the workplace of the armed detective agency.  

"Didn't know you were one to crack jokes, Kunikida-kun," Ranpo wheezed, wiping a tear that was slowly falling down his face. 

"No, I'm serious," Kunikida said, no signs of any humor in his voice. 

"Wait, Dazai-san, are you married?" Atsushi asked his mentor. 

Dazai nodded, "I've already asked them to come in to signed the papers, their coming soon."

Everyone in the room gaped at their colleague. 

"How come we weren't invited to the wedding?" Yosano smirked and pouted at the same time. 

Dazai waved her off, "we decided to keep it small." He shrugged.

Just as Atsushi was about to ask another question, a certain read-headed, short man kicked open the door and walked in. Upside down, and, on the ceiling. A scowl on his face  Everyone stood up, except Dazai, who was still slumped lazily in his chair. 

"What are you doing here, Chuuya Nakahara, Port Mafia Executive?" Kunikida asked, pointing his hand gun at him. 

"Did you know, I am the youngest executive in Port Mafia history?" Chuuya smirked, proud of the brag. 

"No you're not, Dazai-san was," Atsushi said defensively.

Chuuya shook his head and looked towards Dazai, "I was actually two months younger than him when I got promoted." a very smug tone could be heard easily in his voice. 

"What are you doing here," Kunikida asked again.

"I don't know, ask him," Chuuya pointed to Dazai. 

Everyone in the room turned to look towards Dazai. He simply stood up and walked towards Chuuya, "you're here to sign papers," he said. 

Kunikida furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't recall someone needing a Port Mafia member to come in and sign papers. From the looks on everyone else's faces, he could tell they were thinking the same thing. 

Dazai walked over to Kunikida's desk and scanned through a few documents before finally finding the right one and handing it over to the executive, he grabbed a pen from the inside of his coat, walked over to Dazai's desk, and started to fill it out. Dazai was peering over his shoulder at what he was writing. Chuuya finished it off with his signature and gave it to Dazai, who then gave it it Kunikida. 

"There, shitty Dazai, happy?" Chuuya asked, as he shoved the papers into his chest. 

"Thank you, hat-rack," Dazai smiled, as he leaned forward to give the former a kiss on his forehead.  

Kunikida looked at the papers, "these are the partner documents," he said in shock.

"Partner?" others echoed around the room. 

"Oh yeah," Dazai said lazily, "Chuuya is my husband."

Gasps came from everyone in the room, except for the married couple, of course. 

"Alright, bandage wasting device, I'll be leaving now, see you at home." Chuuya arched up to kiss his husband, who gladly kissed back.

"Bye, bye, Chibi" Dazai waved as his husband walked out the door, and slamming it shut.

"You're married to Chuuya Nakahara?" Atsushi asked Dazai when he overcame his state of shock. Dazai simply nodded. 

"When-how?"

"Well we met in the Port Mafia of course, and then we started dating, when I left, I tried to break up with him, but instead we got engaged," Dazai said simply, like it was the most common thing ever. 

His colleagues gawked at him. Dazai chuckled at the shocked and surprised expressions on their faces

"Anyways, my shift is over," Dazai said, looking at his watch, "I'll be leaving now, bye." He quickly walked out the door, before his work partner realised something Dazai didn't do.

"Wait Dazai," Kunikida called after him, but Dazai was already out the door. "Damn that bastard didn't finish his paperwork."

------

okiii, my first oneshot complete, how did yall like it? this one is fairly short, but I can promise longer ones are on the way. 

pls tell me if i did the 'san' and 'kun' part right because i was a tad confused lol. 

inspired by @xxalwayssofia 

- W