emergency

creds to @harry_potterisdead for fic idea!

~

"Alright, we are all finished here, you can finish the paperwork then go home," the doctor said, taking off his face mask. "The hospital did call his emergency contact though, so maybe wait until they come? Just hospital protocol because we had to administer some drugs."

"Thank you so much doctor, I hope he wasn't too much trouble," Kunikida said, eyeing the figure lying in the hospital bed.

The doctor chuckled, "not at all - I trust that you are bringing him home? He cannot drive in this state."

"Yes of cour-"

"Good morning everybody!" the figure on the bed announced suddenly. He had woken up.

"It's," Kunikida paused, looking at his watch "five o'clock in the afternoon."

"Hello Dazai, how are you feeling? Any pain?" The doctor asked. The figure on the bed was Dazai.

Dazai looked down to his bandaged hand. "Nope, not at all."

"That's good to hear." The doctor smiled, "once you're all done with the paperwork, you are free to go home."

"Great, thanks doc!" Dazai waved

"Yes, thanks again doctor," Kunikida said just as the doctor was leaving. "I can't believe you forced the doctors to give you drugs just for a splinter." Kunikida pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Hey," Dazai said as he crossed his arms, "I hate pain Kunikida-kun, also did you not see the splinter? It was massive, and very painful, thank you very much."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Who's your emergency contact? The hospital said they had to call it because you 'needed' drugs."

"My emergency contact?" Dazai asked

"Yeah. Who is it? Is it the prez? I thought it might've been me but I didn't get a call."

Dazai had to pretend to think about it for a bit. Of course he knew who his emergency contact is - and it wasn't President Fukuzawa or Kunikida. But for the sake of Kunikidas sanity, Dazai thought it wasn't the best idea to tell him.

"Can you please pass me my phone? I need to make a call." Dazai said, pointing towards his pile of things in the corner of the room. Also you can go fill out the paperwork now, I'll be fine here."

"What type of call do you need to wake after waking up still high on drugs?"Kunikida furrowed his eyebrows.

"Doesn't matter, go do the paperwork."

"Alright then." Kunikida passed Dazai his phone and left the room to do the paperwork.

Immediately after Kunikida left, Dazai searched through his contacts, trying to find the contact name 'Snail'. "Hi Chuuya!" Dazai said happily, Chuuya had picked up on the second ring.

"Are you okay, why are you at the hospital? Doesn't the agency have a doctor? The nurse said you had to take some drugs?"

"Yeah, I had a splinter that had to be taken out. It hurts so bad Chuuya!" Dazai cried, the brave demeanor he was putting on for Kunikida disappearing. Maybe the drugs are also playing a part in Dazai's behaviour.

"It was a splinter. You're fine."

"But it hurtsssss," Dazai whined.

"Do you want me to come to the hospital then?" Chuuya sighed, knowing the answer.

"No, that's okay. Kunikida is here, and he'd freak. Not in the mood to deal with him right now." Dazai said in a disappointed tone. "Oh yeah, Yosano-sensei is on holiday, so I had to come to the hospital."