The Vampire Hunter

It took some time and thinking to decide what to do, but eventually this route seemed best as Dracula returned to his chamber. Ever since Lecura had learned the truth she largely pretended he did not exist and when she didn't; he always receieved nasty glares. This time was no different as he watched the fiery vampire hunter sit in one of the arm chairs in front of the fire place watching the flames dance. When she did not think him to be looking she looked miserable, and when she thought he was not listening her thoughts lingered on her Uncle and friends. Before entering the room he saw briefly her fighting to mask her face and bury the thoughts deep. Lately she had figured out that she could block him from most of her thoughts if she imagined a wall around her mind.

In silence Vlad watched as Lecura sat in the chair in one of the dresses he was making her wear, which only added to her misery. Finally the vampire sighed knowing he would have to call to her to gain her attention. "Lecura."

Finally the hunter looked up at her captor with a nasty icy glare, but did not say anything. Already the wall briefly slipped and her thoughts were wary. 'What does he want now? What other demands will he make of me?' Her eyes fell on the bundle in his arms and she stiffened, 'Oh no what has he planned now? I wish this nightmare would end.' She had considered taking her own life to escape any terrible fate from befalling her, but Vlad had taken the dagger and had the weapons rack taken from the room as a precaution.

Vlad sighed at her thoughts, then the window closed as she replaced the wall around her mind. "Relax my dear. I have a gift for you."

"Is it a blade to kill you with?" Lecura asked coldly not relaxing the slightest. Vlad allowed a small chuckle before answering her.

"No actually my captain made a very good point to me. He is always right and I know to value his advice above all else, thus I was wrong." Vlad said then taking a deep breath before continuing, "I am sorry. I have been giving you altimatums and forcing you to do things you do not wish to do. I have expected that because you are identical in appearance to Elora that you would also be the same in personalities. Instead you are as different as fire is to ice."

While still wary, Lecura seemed to relax only slightly unsure wether to believe the master vampire or not. She watched him carefully as he stepped forward and set the bundle next to her then stepped away. She peeked down at the bundle then back at him wary of what he was 'giving' her. "Go ahead, open it."

Hesitantly Lecura reached over and untied the string before pulling away the cloth wrapping to reveal a couple pairs of tunics and trousers. Lecura tilted her head to the side perplexed as she noted the clothing was of a finer make then her usual travel garb. Her wary eyes travelled up to Vlad. "I thought you preferred making me wear dresses."

"I prefer you in dresses, and would love to see you in them more. However you do not like dresses, and I do not like making you do anything. So this is a gift and a gesture. I will never again demand you wear a dress, I may request it of you; but you alone will choose what to wear. Also no more altimatiums or demands. I would give you your own private room but there is a problem with that."

"You like having me in your chambers and in your bed." Lecura assumed feeling ill.

"Yes, but that is not the reason for keeping you in my room. You are safer here. There is someone within these walls that would seek to harm you to get to me. A rival." Vlad said, and for a moment the wall around her mind slipped as she thought on a vampire back in France. The one her uncle and she interrogated. "Yes you have encountered this rivals minions. Whoever he or she is they seek to kill you to get to me."

"So you will not make demands or force me to do things I do not want to do, but I am to be kept in your bed chambers." Lecura said slowly trying to figure out exactly what was being allowed.

"Yes, and you have my word that I will not force you in my bed. I am an honourable man in that regard." Vlad said.

"You could simply let me go." Lecura pointed out, in truth it was a long shot. However the pained look that crossed Vlad's features told her letting her go would never happen. Instead Vlad turned away.

"I already told you I will never be able to let you go." Vlad said after a moment. Lecura bit her bottom lip wanting to say her uncle would come for her, that he would never give up. But what good would that do? Her uncle stood no chance against Dracula, and that was still if her uncle and team even lived. There was only Dracula's word that he did not kill her friends. However at the same time he had kept his word on everything else, so why doubt that her friends were still alive? Again her mental wall slipped allowing Dracula into her mind. At least she was starting to believe him about her friends still being alive, it was a start.

Finally he sighed gaining Lecura's attention. "I will leave you to change your clothes if you wish. Tonight to get you out of my chambers we will dine togeather in the dining hall. You do wish to get out of this room, correct?"

Lecura could only nod wishing she could voice what she trully wanted, again Dracula left her alone in the chamber to dress for tonight. In a way it was a relief to be freed from being made to wear dresses. However the fear at the back of her mind was now the questions: Why the change of heart? And what would be the price he would demand later? Changing into one of the tunics and trousers, Lecura looked at herself in the mirror. 'Definately better qaulity material. Feels like silk-'

"That is because it is." Vlad's voice made her spin around. Somehow the master vampire returned without her noticing. A smile spread across his lips as he noticed how surprised she was, then he came forward and ran his hand over the sleeve of her arm. "While I prefer you in lovely dresses, I must admit you do look lovely no matter the clothing worn."

The way his eyes ran over her made her shiver and grow uncomfortable. Strangely he noticed this and quickly stepped back. "Come we shall enjoy an evening in the dining hall."