Compassion

For a moment she thought being out of the room would be better, but she should have known better then to think that. The master vampire gently took her arm and was leading her to the dining hall, they past vampires and always she stiffened expecting an attack. It was like a cat encountering a mean dog, it would be in their nature for the dog to give chase of the cat. Just as it was in their nature for vampires and vampire hunters to be natural enemies. It was silly to react so, but perhaps not as silly as first thought. After all Dracula mentioned a rival wanting her head, perhaps she had even more reason to be jumpy.

Eventually they entered a large chamber, in the centre was a long table and past it a balcony. The sheer silver curtains danced in the breeze, and Lecura focused on the outside world. The moon light cast an ethreal glow and Lecura thought she heard the sound of a waterfall closeby. Already she longed to be out there, would her uncle and friends be hunting tonight? Did they search for her? She swallowed trying to reign in her longing and focus on anything else so to avoid Dracula seeing her miserable. The waterfall brought up a memory, it was years ago when the group was out at a remote cabin hunting some vampires. It had been situated not far from a small waterfall and on one particularly hot morning she snuck out for a swim. She was reckless than at times, and blushed as she remembered looking around before removing the last of her clothes and jumping into the cool water.

A sharp yank of her arm had her facing Dracula who stared down at her trying to control his breathing. It was then she realised her mistake she had let the wall slip and he got into her head to hear her thoughts. This time she blushed for an entirely different reason, then felt her anger get the better of her. "Can you not stay out of my head and give me some privacy? Or will I have no sanctuary?"

"I try, but when the mind wonders as yours did..." Vlad said looking down on her and imagining her swimming bare at a waterfall. Then he gripped her about the waist pulling her against him and leaned in dangerously close until her hands came up to his shoulders to push him away then he stopped short, "Best to keep your mind from wondering lest you show me something else...personal."

It was then he released her and took her to the dinning table where he pulled out a chair for her and he waited for her to take her seat, which she hesitated before she did. Then sat across from her and relaxed into his chair as his guest looked around. The numberous candles cast soft light about the room and soon some servants brought in food and wine. Then when the servats left Lecura looked down at the well cooked food. "Do you always feed your victoms?"

Vlad took a drink of his 'wine' and looked at her over his goblet before swallowing. "You are not my victom, you are my guest."

Lecura could not help it she gave a snort and shook her head. "Guests are allowed to leave."

Vlad took another sip of his drink then set down his goblet. "Tell me about yourself, Lecura? Why Lecura? Sure it is an exotic unique name but why pick that name?"

"Same could be said about you, why Dracula?" Lecura asked unwilling to give him any more information about her.

"I did not pick the name the people did, now your turn." Vlad replied.

"I picked it so no one would guess my real name. Guess my real name and you get a cookie." Lecura replied calmly, but Vlad laughed at her response.

"Tell me more about you."

"I hunt vampires, favorite weapons are silver daggers and short swords. I also play the possible victom or damsel in distress until the bloodsucker lowers his guard then I dust him. Do not suppose it would work with you though." Lecura replied flatly.

Vlad sighed, "What else?"

"I like sunlight, daisies, and kittens." She added sarcastically.

"Well you must like food and fine wine." Vlad pointed out trying to keep his temper in check.