Chapter 2: The ground rules

The car journey was equally as painful as y/n expected: silent, awkward and cold. Bucky insisted on taking the wheel, leaving y/n able to simple put in her ear phones and stare out the window, attempting with everything in her to ignore the tin man to her left.

The journey took a total of 3 hours, taking them down long and winding roads, leading them to a large desolate house surrounded by trees, at least 30 minutes away from the little village where they could gather supplies.

Bucky pulled the car into the drive way, turning off the engine and quickly stepping out and almost slamming the door shut. Sighing, y/n mentally prepared herself for what was to come.

Opening the car and gently shutting the door, she walked round to the trunk next to Bucky, grabbing her suitcases, Bucky doing the same before shutting it.

The house was beautiful. Large, secluded, the perfect place to hide out in for a long period of time.

They made their way to the front door, y/n reaching into her pocket, producing the keys that she had already decorated with a small funko pop key chain.

The two made their way inside, hanging up their jackets and removing their shoes. Taking a look at the room before them.

It was surprisingly nice and extremely cosy yet large. Luckily there were two separate rooms, meaning the pair wouldn't even have to see each other if they absolutely didn't want to.

Each room was decorated and furnished perfectly, a large garden with a pool and deck chairs could be seen through the tinted door.

"I'm gonna go set up my room." Bucky mumbled, clearly eager to get away. Rolling her eyes, y/n followed him up the stairs, making her way into the other room, dropping her bags by the door before making her way back downstairs to fix some food.

Meanwhile, Bucky was pacing his room, slightly anxious about the week, the month, the however long they were here for, to come.

Truly, over time, Bucky sympathised for her, but only a little! He realised that she had it just as bad as he did, but that didn't change her past, what she did, what he did. Besides, he couldn't imagine she sympathised with him, so he kept the hard exterior up.

Bucky only really had two moods when it came to y/n, avoid her at all costs, or annoy her to no end, and right now, he was in the mood for the latter.

Buckys pov:

I looked around my room for the next few weeks, and decided I had done a decent job considering I didn't exactly have many decorations.

I knew I would have to face y/n eventually, and what better way to do so than to irritate her. Although it was sometimes harsh, it was just always so easy to get a rise out of her.

I made my way down stairs to find her in the kitchen, taking two pizzas she had found in the freezer out of the oven. Making my way into the room, I leant on the kitchen island on the other side of her.

"Two pizzas? Would it be naive of me to assume you actually thought to make me something?" I asked, genuinely curious.
"No, it wouldnt-" She started, setting a pizza down infront of me,"- It may shock you to find out I'm not actually the worst person in the world." She remarked as she sat down opposite me.

I stared at her for a few moments, trying to figure her out in some sense. She was confusing to say the least. At times, she could be an all round lovely person, but at others, she was an absolute pain in my ass.

"It's rude to stare." She shot, not bothering to look up from her food.
"we need some ground rules." I said flatly. This managed to grab her attention, causing her to look up at me, curiosity written on her face.
"Such as?" She asked.

"1) No coming in my room, I'll go there when I've had enough of your whining." I stated.
"And vice versa." She added
"2) No watching any of those lovey dovey films, I can't stand them."
"That's exactly what I was going to say." She remarked, cocking an eyebrow.
"3) No leaving the Safe house without me, or at least without telling someone when and where you're going." I said seriously, her nodding in response.
"And I know I'm pretty irresistible, but no falling for me." I winked, smirking.
"I'll have no problem with rule 4." She rolled her eyes, grabbing her empty plate and placing it in the sink before making her way towards the stairs.

"I cooked so you can wash up." She shouted over her shoulder, walking off up to her room. She reached the top of the stairs, turning back to me and saying,
"Night Barnes." Then walking off out of sight, the gentle noise of the bedroom door closing behind her.

"Night y/l/n"

----------------------------‐----------------------------------