Chapter 4: It'll be fine

Y/ns pov:

A week had passed since the incident, and we've said virtually nothing to one another, yet the now tradition of making each other breakfast or dinner had somehow stuck.

I was starting to get cabin fever. I felt like I was bouncing off the walls, desperate for some form of entertainment, and the fact that the only other person in here was refusing to talk to me, didn't help whatsoever.
I was sick of the same rooms everyday and no other place to go. I missed human interaction and a view other than trees.

I knew it wouldn't be safe to go into the village, it was too close to the house, if I was sighted it would be all too easy to track me back to here. So I did research on places at least an hour away, yet were remote and quiet, making it unlikely anyone would see me.

I'd found this little town about an hour and 20 minutes drive from the house. It was small and cosy, with a nice coffee shop, one perfect for a simple drink and look around the quaint shops.

I contemplated leaving without telling Bucky, but we only had 4 rules and it was only fair for me to follow them. I got dressed and grabbed the car keys along with my jacket and wallet. I could hear the tv on in the living room, telling me Bucky was in there.

"Hey Buck?" I called out from the hallway as I shrugged on my jacket.
"Y
Don't call me Buck!" He shouted back.

I walked into the living room saying,
"I'm going out, it's far away and small, no one should see me, I'll be fine." Quickly walking back out the room before he could argue, but he had other plans.
"What?!" He called, getting up and following me.

I went to open the door but he quickly slammed it shut, causing me to turn around but I was locked in place as he put his hand against the door beside my head, our faces inches apart.
"You're not going anywhere." He said sternly.
"You can't dictate what I do Barnes."
"It's not safe." He said through gritted teeth.
"Yes. It is."
"No. Its not."
"I'm going whether you like it or not." I stated simply
"Then I'm going with you." He replied, just as blunt.
"No, no you're not." I shook my head, laughing slightly.
"I'm coming." He finalised as he grabbed his coat, opening the door and heading for the car, leaving me standing in the hallway.

I followed him out to the car, sitting in the drivers seat and setting up the GPS. I turned on the ignition, pulling out of the drive way and down the winding lanes of the forest. We drove for about fifty minutes before we made it onto another country road, then about 5 minutes later, disaster struck.

Some form of missile struck the car, not powerful enough to cause serious harm to us on impact, but enough to throw the car, causing it to roll several times until it landed upside-down on its roof.

My ears were ringing as I struggled to open my eyes. Spluttered coughs emitted from my mouth, trying to regain my full consciousness, when I remembered Bucky. I slowly looked to my right, squinting slightly as the image slowly began to focus, revealing a bloodied Bucky. Panic stricken, I quickly scrambled to unclip my seatbelt, falling down once I'd done so.

I moved to check him over, looking for a pulse, thankfully finding one. I began to lightly shake him, calling out his name as his eyes slowly began to open. He looked over at me confused, clearly trying to gather what exactly was happening. Realisation came over his face, he opened his mouth slightly to say something, when his gaze shifted to over my shoulder, his expression changing. I followed his eyeline to see a figure walking towards us, surprisingly no weapon in hand, but they were bad news non the less.

"Get out the car." I whispered, still looking at the stature. Turning back to look at Bucky, who was still sat in his seat, I repeated the statement in a hurried shout.

"Get out Barnes, Get out!" Bucky smashed the window using his metal arm leaving room for the two of us to climb out, just in time as another missile was fired at the vehicle.

The being wore a mask and heavy suit, likely to hide their identity, heavy feet thudding on ground as they made their way towards us.

I charged forwards, jumping up onto his shoulders, swinging my body round causing him to fall to the ground but he turned to fall on his stomach, pushing me off as he did so. He jumped back up only to have Bucky throw a punch to his face which he miraculously dodged.

The two sparred for a while until I came running up behind the masked person, skidding across the floor, kicking his feet causing him to fall. Quickly pouncing on top of the being to hold them down only for them to punch me in the face so incredibly hard that I flew off him and to the side.

Bucky reacted quickly, lunging forwards to tackle the man who was now beginning to stand up once again, but he ducked under Bucky's arm and kicked him in the back causing him to fall to his knees. Out of nowhere, the figure slowly stalked towards Barnes when I charged towards him from behind producing the knife I always kept in my pocket for situations such as these.

I attempted to plunge it into his back but he turned around and caught my wrist, quickly pulling it down leaving me open to drop the blade to my other hand and slash at his legs but he spun out of the way. Still on my knees, I went for another shot at his shin but he quickly put his knee on top of my hand and knelt down forcing my hand to the ground. I swung my other leg out from underneath me planting my foot square in his face causing him to release my hand.

Bucky had decided it was best to not get involved for now as it would disturb my fighting pattern and ultimately result in injury, so he watched, waiting for the right moment to intervene, secretly impressed with my combat skills.

We were both on our backs when we quickly, in unison, flipped ourselves up to kneel, staring at each other, waiting for one another to make the next move. In this time, I couldn't help but reflect on his fighting pattern in an attempt to predict his next move, but all I noticed was that both our attack and defence styles were incredibly similar.

He lunged forward first but I ducked under his arm and swung my self on his back, holding him in such a way that restricted all movement, a handy trick Nat had taught me.

Bucky quickly stood up and stepped towards us, reaching a hand out to take off the mans mask when he suddenly pulled the knife out of my hand and slicing directly through my arm causing me to scream out and let go, but as I fell, he plunged the knife deep into my abdomen.

Bucky's immediate response was to run to my side, leaving the mystery man to run away, within seconds he was nowhere in sight. We could only treat my wounds so much without at least a first aid kit, as well as the fact that we now had no way to get home.

"Call Tony." I reminded Bucky, pushing him off me insisting I would be ok for a few minutes while he spoke to the billionaire, applying pressure to my abdomen all while tearing off a piece of my shirt to tie a tourniquet around my arm.

Tony made quick work of getting a jet to us, dropping us off a little while from the house so we couldn't be tracked back to our exact location. However, Bucky had to support me as we made the 10 minute walk back.

It was still a little awkward, neither of us spoke a word, yet somehow the feeling of hatred had dissipated. The coldness gone. Of course I didn't suddenly like him, but for some odd reason, I no longer felt as if he was the bane of my existence.

------------------‐----------‐----------------------------------