Chapter 11: Run

Over the next few weeks, more and more memories came back to me, the majority of them about my family. Some larger memories came back, such as fights and big moments in life such as my first day of school and even when I was taken away to the red room, but the ones that hit me the hardest, where the smaller moments. Like the time I had my first childhood break up and Maria gave me advice, or the time I grazed my knee and she held me till I stopped crying. I truly felt a connection to her, I remembered her, I loved her, but with that came grief. I had to go through the sadness of her death, and mourn her all while falling in love with her, it was extremely confusing.

One more aspect of this all, was realising I was the Tony Starks aunt, and that freaked me the hell out. Tony was a good friend and a huge ass, I always saw him as older than me due to the cryogenic freezing I underwent. This was truly one of the most sudden, strangest, best things to happen to me. Although through it all, Bucky was there.

I still wasn't sure exactly what my relationship with Barnes was, but I made it clear to him we were not a couple, I was not ready for that.

Last week we'd finally been sent some case files for the teams ongoing investigation on Hydra. So far their hostage turned out to be useless and they only had a few leads, but they wanted us to go over what they had so far to see if we recognised anything. We had to mail the reports back today, yet Bucky had not completed all of these.

"James Buchanan Barnes you better have those forms filled out or so help me god." I said as I came down the stairs and into the kitchen to see him sealing the brown envelop of the reports.

"I had them filled out yesterday but you got mad at me for not putting in enough detail." He retorted, standing up and walking out of the room into the front hall to put the package on the table next to the door, with me trailing behind.

"yeah I guess I did." I laughed

"I feel like its coming close to us having to go home." He said, leaning on the wall as I did the same opposite him.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"But I don't want to go back. I like us here, like this." He said, moving forward towards me, putting his hand on the wall next to me.

"Hey I told you there is no us. We're just safehouse partners with benefits." I said simply, smiling slightly before moving past him and walking away slightly. He rushed after be, grabbing my waist from behind and following me a little making me laugh a little before he lightly pushed me against a wall.

"Fine, I'll let you be in denial a little longer." He said, putting one hand on my waist. Making me roll my eyes with a smile.

"Hey don't roll your eyes at me you little brat." He smiled, leaning closer before pecking me on the lips.

"You can lie to yourself all you want" He added before moving back in and kissing me again," But soon you'll be so incredibly in love with me." He said cupping my face.

"You wish old man." I smiled, walking away, "Go shower! You smell!" I called after him as he laughed and walked in the other direction.

I jumped over onto the couch as the shower turned on, watching the TV while I waited for Bucky to return. While he was in the shower, the agent sent to pick up our reports arrived. The transaction was smooth, nothing went wrong and nothing felt off. Hopefully Bucky and I knew something the others didn't and we would be home shortly.

Bucky came back from the shower with sweats and a tight black shirt on, his hair still wet, which admittedly did, for a second, make me fall in love with him. He put his arm round the back of the chair, holding a bowl of popcorn in his other hand.