Not fair

*Justin's P.O.V*

"So I'm leaving in the morning." I said.

"I know." She said in a sad tone, moving her hand down my chest.

"I'm going to miss you." I said resting my head on hers, and tightening my grip around her.

"I'm going to miss you too." She whispered.

"I'll come back soon, or I could fly you up." I said.

"Yea." She said yawning.

I chuckled, then we sat in silence for a long time.

"H-hey Kat?"

"Yea?"

"D- do you uh th-think that, when you're ready, you you'd maybe l-like me? As more than a friend?" I stuttered out.

When she whispered, "Yes." It gave me butterflies. "But," She continued. "It's going to be a long time before I am ready. You should... not wait. Just date people, I don't know more up in your league."

"What?" I asked.

"You're out of my league. You're.. Ya know.. Justin Bieber. I'm just a loser that you used to be friends with, and is depressed all the time, who's not worth the wait. You could be dating people worth dating, like famous people or something."

"Well I don't want famous people." I said. "What I want is you."

"Justin please." She said, wriggling out of my grip. "I'm really not worth it."

"Kat, I've liked you for such a long time-"

"That's the thing." She said cutting me off. "I'm the same person as I've always been, you aren't. Do you honestly think you would want to be with someone you liked when you were bullied, and stuttered, and were awkward?" She asked. "If you're with me to much, I'm just going to put you back there."

"No you w-won't Kat."

Damn it.

"You've been with me for just a few days and you are already starting to stutter again."

"It was just a tickle in my throat."

"Justin, please. I'm doing this because I care about you, I just want what's best for you. And it's not me."

"Yes it is." I said. "If anyone else knew how I used to be they wouldn't want me Kat, they would think less of me. You like me regardless. And I really like you, for so many reasons, but that's a big one."

"Justin."

"Kathy, I'm not expecting you to jump into a relationship with me. I'm not expecting you too soon. I know it's going to be awhile before you're ready, and I know that a part of you is always going to love Jeff, and want only him." I said. "I understand all of that, and I'm willing to accept it."

She was crying. Even the mention of Jeff's name made her break down in tears.

After almost a minute I asked. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She nodded into my side. "I miss him so much." She said between gasps for air. "He shouldn't have died." She gripped my shirt. "He was such a good person." She started crying even harder. "He went to the store for me.. And somebody shot him. They don't even know who, they aren't even trying to find him. A guy murdered him, and nobody cares. All they cared about was the fucking clerk who was completely fine." She said. "But I'm never getting Jeff back. Nobody is. There were so many people that loved him, and just with no warning he's gone."

"I'm so sorry." I said wrapping both arms around her.

"It's not fair."